PDA

View Full Version : Where is 1.0.12?

Blacklamb
November 6th, 2018, 20:45
This has been said to be done for weeks but still not in this weeks patch release :( Will we have it next week so that we van have access to the rest of the armory?

esmdev
November 6th, 2018, 22:21
This has been said to be done for weeks but still not in this weeks patch release :( Will we have it next week so that we van have access to the rest of the armory?

Sometimes when projects in development are technically done they don't pass quality assurance and get kicked back to be fixed and then re-tested before release. That might be the cause of a delay. If it is, better a nice happy full working release than something that breaks something else (like the rest of armory). :)

Blacklamb
November 6th, 2018, 22:38
Sometimes when projects in development are technically done they don't pass quality assurance and get kicked back to be fixed and then re-tested before release. That might be the cause of a delay. If it is, better a nice happy full working release than something that breaks something else (like the rest of armory). :)

I understand software development, I run a whole team of game developers for a living. It was said that 1.0.12 was signed off by QA weeks ago and would be in the next patch. Two Tuesdays have gone by since. The developer of the rule set does not seem to know why it did not go out last week. If it was a QA issues they should know so they could fix it. It's getting frustrating that since Pathfinder Beta started Starfinder has been what feels like backed shelved along with Pathfinder. But at least Pathfinder 1.0 has a complete rule set. I don't see this as Samarex's fault, as he has been working hard on the parts he controls, but rather FG it's self. This patch is been a long time out, and adds support for class changes in the AP's and Armory plus other great stuff, and getting it out goes a long way to make it feel like the half finished product, still waiting on ship combat more than sheets that do nothing, I bought will get finished and is still a commitment the Fantasy Grounds is planning on keeping.

mfairchild365
November 6th, 2018, 23:07
I was also under the impression that this update was ready to go two weeks ago. I have a new player that is waiting to join until the features in 1.0.12 are released. Kinda sucks to keep telling them "its not here yet".

esmdev
November 6th, 2018, 23:21
Given their relationship with Paizo I'm pretty sure they aren't withholding the patch just because they can, that would seem unwise. They are pretty reliable with patching.

I'm not really sure what is going on specifically with this particular patch as I'm mostly in the Starfinder forum hoping to see good news about starships some day as an indication of when we might see Traveller starship development starting up. So I totally feel you pain in the waiting for a patch arena.

Trenloe
November 7th, 2018, 07:26
It's getting frustrating that since Pathfinder Beta started Starfinder has been what feels like backed shelved along with Pathfinder.
This is not the case. There is only one person doing Pathfinder Playtest stuff - and that is me. I wasn’t doing any Starfinder development before, and I haven’t done any Pathfinder development for a long time.

The feeling you’re getting may be because I’m working my arse off every week to get a new Playtest release out every Tuesday. None of which is affecting Starfinder or Pathfinder 1 development. I get it - you want stuff out that’s been talked about. But there’s no shift in focus or anything similar going on in the background.

ddavison
November 7th, 2018, 13:50
Who said that it passed QA?

It was being held back to perform additional QA because it made changes to campaign data. Simple updates pass QA faster but things which could theoretically destroy or change data may need to undergo further tests so that we are testing in the field.

Calirae
November 8th, 2018, 00:27
To be fair, Samarex only said that he believes it came back approved from Paizo QA but still had internal FG QA to go through; but he also said that the Armory should've been pushed out alongside with the 1.0.12 patch in another thread so people got a bit confused when the Armory got released without the patch, especially with the wording suggesting that it was mostly done and ready to be released.

Blacklamb
November 8th, 2018, 01:03
Yes that is where I got the idea but rereading it I can see where I was wrong.

JohnQPublic
November 13th, 2018, 18:29
Another patch day with no Starfinder updates. I know there are a lot of moving pieces and I would much rather have things quality checked before release, but it's been a few weeks.

Blacklamb
November 13th, 2018, 21:43
I'm guessing the memory usage problems are the current delays

Samarex
November 13th, 2018, 23:22
Another patch day with no Starfinder updates. I know there are a lot of moving pieces and I would much rather have things quality checked before release, but it's been a few weeks.

The Starfinder 1.0.12 was not in the initial patch as they were waiting for the Core rules book to be updated.
This has been done and the update has been pushed live. You can Update and it will give you 1.0.12.

Note The update to the Core rule book is only part of the Client Memory issue fix. More to come on that after some testing is done.