PDA

View Full Version : Ruleset documentation for CoC 7e

Valyar
November 6th, 2018, 09:18
I am opening separate thread to make suggestions for a ruleset documentation. I believe that all commercial rulesets need one, because some have tons of features that many users are not aware of, because it is not written inside the ruleset. Examples are the 5e and Savage Worlds. I had to watch YouTube videos for the latter to learn about some functionalities, which is quite bad approach in general.

The idea is not to document the features in the CoreRPG ruleset, but the specifics of the layered one.

Anyway, to avoid the indefinite insanity I will not say everything, but will list it in most complete form. ;)

Interface Components specific for the ruleset - the HRD,EXT, penalty and bonuses, Impale icon etc.
Character Sheet interface elements - those small checkboxes that have tool-tips, might be presented with image with explanation for players
Character Creation Process - I think it must be part of the ruleset, not website in the wild :)
How to create custom occupations properly - even if XML edit is necessary
Usage of check-boxes in Edit Skill List mode and regular mode
Automated features - indefinite insanity toggle, Automatic Impale when Extreme success is achieved with combat skill and other that I haven't figured out by now
Chase system and how to use it properly
How the Era library is related to the Game: Era setting in Options
Using Effects and Modifier library (I know it is not used in CoC, but clarification is good)
How to create/edit NPCs

PS: This is spin-off from this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46414-Characters-gaining-indefinite-insanity

Valyar
November 18th, 2018, 00:15
Documenting the "Reset Session Sanity" feature from the Party Sheet is a must as well!!! :)

barbageek
September 18th, 2020, 08:33
I totally agree with that.
I'm starting to use CoC and FGU and the learning curve is rather hard.