PDA

View Full Version : Rotating Image Windows

LordEntrails
November 5th, 2018, 16:31
How tough would it be to allow image windows to be rotated? Such an extension would have to account for map pins, tokens, etc knowing their new places, so it's more about rotating the window and not just the image. Thoughts?

Trenloe
November 5th, 2018, 16:36
Not possible in an extension. The API can't do all the things you list.

The one possible solution(ish) I can think of is to rotate the image outside of FG (I have thought about calling an external app through a FG URL class to do this), but then all of the tokens, pins and encounter placements will be screwed.

LordEntrails
November 5th, 2018, 16:54
Not possible in an extension. The API can't do all the things you list.

The one possible solution(ish) I can think of is to rotate the image outside of FG (I have thought about calling an external app through a FG URL class to do this), but then all of the tokens, pins and encounter placements will be screwed.
Thx, that's what I was thinking.

The math to change/update all the pin/token coordinates is pretty straight forward and could be calculated. But if you ever lost the state of the rotated image then your coordinates would all be off.

Plus, rotating outside of FG wouldn't work for encrypted modules right?

Trenloe
November 5th, 2018, 17:00
The math to change/update all the pin/token coordinates is pretty straight forward and could be calculated. But if you ever lost the state of the rotated image then your coordinates would all be off.
You can't change pin locations through the API - only tokens (once they're added).

Plus, rotating outside of FG wouldn't work for encrypted modules right?
Correct.

LordEntrails
November 5th, 2018, 17:28
Thanks again. For anyone else, their is an existing enhancement on the wishlist you can vote for; https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=109544