PDA

View Full Version : Zaccaeus' Maps for Dragon Heist..

mclimbin
November 4th, 2018, 21:49
...are really beautiful, but some of them, the Trollskull Manor maps in particular, need to be rotated.
I don't think there is a way to rotate them in FG, and I don't have access to image files to do it myself.
Any suggestions?
I'm playing on a VTT by the way, so I really really appreciate Master Zaccaeus' work on this. :)

LordEntrails
November 4th, 2018, 22:53
Well, rotating them would be up to Mr. Z to do. I suggest you post specifically which maps you would like rotated, how you would like them rotated, and why you would like them rotated. If you make a convincing argument, odds are Mr. Z might just do it.

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2018, 23:08
Not sure I'm with you here. Those maps are oriented exactly the same as the originals.

Trenloe
November 4th, 2018, 23:42
I'm not sure about the specifics of the orientation of the maps being referred to in this thread.

On a related note - if I have portrait orientated maps that are quite long, I'll usually rotate them 90 degrees to be landscape orientated. Most people's monitors will be wider than taller, so landscape maps are usually a little easier to use/display than portrait maps.

mclimbin
November 5th, 2018, 07:15
Sorry, double post.

mclimbin
November 5th, 2018, 07:21
I'm sorry Mr. Z. I came off quite rude there. I don't mean to be rude, as I really appreciate the work you've put into these maps.

Here is a screenshot of what I'm working with. 25225

I think this is probably not problematic for others, since I'm using FG as a VTT. Both the original maps and the ones you created (based on the originals) are oriented as portrait, and I think those work fine in that orientation. I think they would work better as landscape for me, though, because of the way I have to size them to use them as battle maps on the 40" VTT.

I originally asked if I had any way to rotate these Trollskull Manor maps, but it seems that this is something only you can do. And, here I was, starting out being rude to you...now my chances of getting rotated maps are quite low... ;)

Anyway, thanks for your attention. :)

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2018, 11:08
Your attachment is invalid I'm afraid but I think I get the picture now. From your initial post I thought you meant that the orientation was wrong and not according to the originals.

This is a difficult one and I think I'm going to have to say no to this. I don't think I can just re-orientate all of the maps (there's many more in that module that are similar to Trollskull Manor) since for most people maps are oriented with North at the top. That means I'd need to include the maps twice one portrait and one landscape. This starts to increase the size of the module and of course also creates a precedent. If Zacchaeus' maps are oriented then why not the official ones too, and whilst you are there can you just pin the re-oriented maps as well. And what about the back catalogue can we also have re-oriented maps for those too. All of this would then create an enormous extra load on module creation.