PDA

View Full Version : Can't get 64-bit experimental exe to run

daggerfortysix
November 4th, 2018, 15:53
(Sorry that this question doesn't exactly fit the thread, but it has been mentioned here:pirate:) I'd like to I've the 64-bit version a test, but I cannot get it to run clicking the 64-bit exe file. Is there a trick to getting it to run? How do I run it on my PC?

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2018, 16:12
Try right clicking and select run as administrator. But it should run as normal by double clicking the executable.

Trenloe
November 4th, 2018, 16:32
I've moved these posts to a new thread.

Please only post in existing house of healing threads if your issue is exactly the same as the one in the existing thread. It's much easier for all involved to work support issues if the details are discussed in its own thread, and one thread only. Tagging onto another thread doesn't give you any faster response. Thanks.

daggerfortysix
November 4th, 2018, 20:04
Sorry Trenloe - I hoped the "sorry" would completely absolve me of all wrong doing. Turns out that doesn't always work with the wife either!

daggerfortysix
November 4th, 2018, 20:10
I tried to run it as Administrator and still get the Application Error 0xc000007b. I suspect that is because I am running Windows via Parallels on my Mac.

Trenloe
November 4th, 2018, 20:16
I tried to run it as Administrator and still get the Application Error 0xc000007b. I suspect that is because I am running Windows via Parallels on my Mac.
That can be because there isn't a 3D graphics engine installed, as FG needs some 3D API calls for DirectX. Is there an option to enable 3D graphics and DirectX 9 in Parallels?

See figure 1 here: https://www.parallels.com/blogs/directx-and-parallels-desktop-13/ Enable DirectX 9.

LordEntrails
November 4th, 2018, 20:43
The other thing I would check after DirectX is your Windows version inside parallels 64 bit? I'm pretty sure you can not run a 64bit application inside a 32 bit operating system.

daggerfortysix
November 4th, 2018, 20:51
I read through that article and have experimented with both DirectX 9 and 10. Neither make any difference and I still get that error. Here is the graphics option:

daggerfortysix
November 4th, 2018, 20:54
It is the 64-bit operating system...

Trenloe
November 4th, 2018, 21:09
Run with Directx 9 acceleration.

Try uninstalling FG and doing a reinstall from the Website downloader (available at the bottom of the FG website home page).

daggerfortysix
November 4th, 2018, 21:44
Thanks for the help and suggestions, but I think I'll leave it well enough alone. Ive got too many things in place to uninstall the program. I'm not entirely sure how to do that in Windows either.. Hahah, Mac people...

damned
November 4th, 2018, 22:24
i dont think that the benefits of the x64 client outweigh its negatives anyway...

daggerfortysix
November 4th, 2018, 22:37
i dont think that the benefits of the x64 client outweigh its negatives anyway...

Good to know, I'll take your word on that...

celestian
November 4th, 2018, 22:43

Indeed. Right now the 64 bit client doesn't cope with masking at all. If you use map masking and change it during the game the clients/dm can hang up.

daggerfortysix
November 5th, 2018, 12:59
Is there a thread that discussed the 64 bit? I have had no luck in searching.

damned
November 5th, 2018, 13:04
One of many
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45778-Fantasy-Grounds-crashes-when-I-try-to-unmask-a-portion-of-a-map
Its an unsupported beta version.

But its a moot point if it wont run on your system anyway.

daggerfortysix
November 5th, 2018, 13:41
Thanks. Thats where I first saw about it. I was just curious. Thanks for all the input!

daggerfortysix
November 12th, 2018, 19:28
I just couldn't let it go. I followed the directions on the following web page and now it works perfectly. I recognize the limitations, but I just had to figure it out.

https://www.dosgamers.com/directx-9-windows-10

Trenloe
November 12th, 2018, 23:02
Nice work!