PDA

View Full Version : Fire resistance

Kelrugem
November 4th, 2018, 00:04
Hello :)

I try to put up an effect for fire shield (chill) and so I need an effect for the fire resistance where fire damage is halved. I tried RESIST: fire, but this doesn't work, only when I put a number there like RESIST: 10 fire. I assumed that it is interpreted as half damage when there is no number; is there any way to put up an effect like that? :)

Thank you very much :)

Best wishes,

Kelrugem

LordEntrails
November 4th, 2018, 01:33
"RESIST: fire" should work. Double check your spelling/typing. If it's still not working, post a screen shot and we will take a look.

Also, for reference with other effects make sure to reference; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/3.5E_Effects

Kelrugem
November 4th, 2018, 01:52
Thanks for your answer :) Maybe I am blind but it still doesn't work; I attached a photo with several fire attacks (I also tried that with attacks from other persons) :)

LordEntrails
November 4th, 2018, 01:36
Looks right to me. Headed out for family dinner. Will try to test this when I get back if no one else has been able to help before then. But if we're out too late may not be able to until tomorrow.

Kelrugem
November 4th, 2018, 01:40
Looks right to me. Headed out for family dinner. Will try to test this when I get back if no one else has been able to help before then. But if we're out too late may not be able to until tomorrow.

Thank you very much for your kind help :) There is no hurry, have fun at the dinner :)

Kelrugem
November 4th, 2018, 03:40
I've also tried it now in a test campaign where no extension is loaded and still it doesn't work; so it is at least not a problem of a extension :)

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2018, 09:13
Your first post had the correct idea; you just missed out a comma. It should be RESIST: 10, fire.

I have tested this and it works (not a pathfinder person - I could not actually find a way to add an effect other than to type it directly into the CT). RESIST: fire on it's own doesn't work - I assume that will be because in Pathfinder (unlike 5e) you don't have a thing where resistance is just a straight half damage thing.

Trenloe
November 4th, 2018, 10:51
I assume that will be because in Pathfinder (unlike 5e) you don't have a thing where resistance is just a straight half damage thing.
You assume correct fella.

Info on energy resistance in Pathfinder here: https://aonprd.com/Rules.aspx?Name=Energy%20Resistance&Category=Special%20Abilities

There isn't anything in the PFRPG ruleset that halves damage based off a specific attack (only the half on successful save code). You'll have to manually work it out I'm afraid.

Kelrugem
November 4th, 2018, 12:50
Thank you very much :) Ah okay, then I was correct :) In 3.5 one has also the mechanic for halving the damage of some energy type, but I only know of fire shield at the moment where this happens; so it is not much to correct manually :) Didn't know that this is differently in Pathfinder