PDA

View Full Version : Any way to adjust what players see / don't see for attacks & damage in the chat?

BrettM
November 3rd, 2018, 21:47
Hi!

This is probably best done with an example...

Example #1, both DMs and Players seem to both see [Attack (M)] Dagger (+3) in the chat, although I may not want the players to know they are being attacked with a +3 dagger. Question #1: any way to turn the type of attack off so the players don't see it?

Example #2, the DM sees Attack [23] -> [at Bob][HIT] but the players don't see the [HIT] Question #2: any way to turn the "hit/miss" so the players see in the chat if it was a hit / miss? (I know they can see the roll, and then compare to AC, etc.)

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
November 3rd, 2018, 22:37
I'm going to assume 5e here although you don't specify a ruleset. I think it may be similar for other rulesets anyway.

You can turn off all DM rolls in options (Game (GM) -> Chat: Show DM rolls). You can also turn off results (Game (GM): -> Chat: Show results to clients). You can also turn off totals (Game (GM): -> Chat: Show roll totals). Play around with these settings until you find the combination that suits you. More information about options here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Options).

BrettM
November 4th, 2018, 01:20
You can also turn off results (Game (GM): -> Chat: Show results to clients).

This was it Zacchaeus -- thanks! (And yes, 5e ruleset. I did look through the options area of the manual, but it didn't jump out at me that's what that particular control did. My thanks!)