PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Query

Booker Grimm
November 1st, 2018, 20:45
When exporting my module the pins in the maps connecting to the chapters in my story and encounters are not exporting.
My images are in the NEW category in my campaign.

Any way to export the map pins as well?
I'm exporting as read only and as a player module.

When I load the module none of the pin links are there.

Any help would be great.

Cheers.

Booker.

Zacchaeus
November 1st, 2018, 20:49
Don't export as read only. Also don't export an adventure as a player module since they'll be able to load it all up - which I assume that you don't want.

Having said all that I've just tested and no matter what combination of player and read only you choose map pins get exported with the map. And it doesn't matter where the maps are located in any group either. So I'm not sure exactly what the cause of your issue is. You are exporting both the maps and the related story I take it?

Booker Grimm
November 1st, 2018, 20:53
Ok. I've tried exporting it without read only and player module checked. It's still not exporting my pin links. Any ideas?

Thanks for your quick reply.

Trenloe
November 1st, 2018, 20:58
I assume you've selected Images and Story for the export? And also any other record types that are linked to the map?

Booker Grimm
November 1st, 2018, 20:59
Yeah, under the export box, I've clicked all the circles except Pregen Characters.

Zacchaeus
November 1st, 2018, 21:04
You are checking the module in a new campaign right? Not the one you are exporting from?

Booker Grimm
November 1st, 2018, 21:05
Yeah, creating a new campaign and then loading the module in that campaign - no links on any of the 5 maps I have.

Can't work it out.

:(

Trenloe
November 1st, 2018, 21:11
See if you need to revert changes on the module in your new test campaign.

If that doesn't help - open the module outside FG and see if the <image> records in db.xml have the XML for the links or not.

Booker Grimm
November 1st, 2018, 21:14
Thanks,

I did a test and it's to do with the advanced kombat extension I am running. I'll try it again and see if it works.

Thanks again.

Trenloe
November 1st, 2018, 21:17
I did a test and it's to do with the advanced kombat extension I am running.
See issue #6 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-(layers)-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-(and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG)&p=165609&viewfull=1#post165609

Booker Grimm
November 1st, 2018, 21:47
Ha. Should have checked that earlier. Thanks for your patience. Anyway I'll export it without the extension.