PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to do "/die 1d3" ?

Ganadai
July 15th, 2006, 07:36
I know if you roll a 6 sided die then you can right click and select 1/2, but is there a /die command that will automatically do the 1/2 so I can put it in a hot key?

LordTomar
July 15th, 2006, 10:33
To be able to do the /die command with none standard dice numbers (other then d4, d6, d8,d10,d12,d20) then you would have to modify your game rule set so the dice are in there.

If you look on the forums you should be able to find out how to do this.

Oberoten
July 15th, 2006, 18:58
In Gameelements.xml

Add the following :

<die name="d3">
<values list="1,2,3" />
<icon file="data\icons\d4_icon.png" />
<position point="360,680" />
</die>

Ganadai
July 16th, 2006, 07:11
Thank you, but it still doesn't seem to be working. I'll look into it some more.

heliopolix
July 16th, 2006, 08:47
Just a note - if you are using the default d20 ruleset that comes with FG, you will need to make a new ruleset folder (call it what you want, short name, no spaces), copy over gameelements.xml and base.xml from d20 into your new ruleset folder, and modify the gamelements.xml as was shown by Oberteron. Then, open up base.xml, find the line that points to gamelements, and change the path to point to your new ruleset.

Any modifications that you make to the default d20 ruleset simply dont work because FG doesnt actually use the files in that folder, they are simply there so ppl can learn from them. The actual default d20 rules are coded into the FG executable or something.

Hope this helps. I'm too tired to go into as much detail as I'd like, but hopefully someone else can help you out, or I can if it doesnt work, once Ive rested some

Later,
helio

Ganadai
July 16th, 2006, 09:08
Thank you heliopolix, that worked perfect. Learn something new everyday. :)

mr_h
July 16th, 2006, 20:06
Is there something special that you have to do to add the dice image? I got the code to work, but the icon never shows up. :/

Oberoten
July 16th, 2006, 23:22
Alas, if you mean the throwable dice... that is hardcoded and rendered dice. I have been looking to see if there was somewhere to add/modify those. (Was thinking nifty glass-dice etc.) But no luck on that in this version.

kalmarjan
July 17th, 2006, 02:07
Is there something special that you have to do to add the dice image? I got the code to work, but the icon never shows up. :/
Add this instead:

<die name="d3">
<values list="1,1,2,2,3,3" />
<icon file="data\icons\d6_icon.png" />
<position point="360,680" />
</die>

If you want to add a different icon for the die (What shows up in the chat window for the result), the icon is in data/icons folder in your ruleset.

Sandeman

Snikle
August 6th, 2006, 19:51
Anyone get this to work? I was trying to get a way to make Fate RPG dice work. I got the dFate to roll, but I cannot figureout how to make the dice you pick up and roll change there output (say from 1,2,3,4 to -1,0,1).

<die name="dfate">
<values list="-1,0,1" />
<icon file="data\icons\d4_icon.png" />
<position point="110,700" />
</die>

Works, but any attempt to change the existing dice, simply lets them roll the original amounts. And with Fate, you normally roll numerous dice at once (ie 4dFate), with the text die code fix above, you could do it, but then you would need one for each combination of dice you wanted (ie 2dfate, 3dfate, 4dfate, 5dfate, etc).
Anyone ever figure out a way to do the graphic dice?