PDA

View Full Version : Free GTW Dungeon Map Pack Module

gtw2017
November 1st, 2018, 17:47
It's been a very big year for Gametilewarehouse and me. Lots of new maps and exciting projects launched and funded - lots of new skills learned and friends made. To say thanks to everyone who has supported me - backed me - helped me - recently or along the way - I've found time to build this FREE 36 tile map pack for your Personal Use [Or in Streams] featuring interchangeable dungeon rooms that you can download from my Googledrive for my Fantasy Grounds College friends and buddies dungeoneers in my, Geas-Group, my Meander-Fans, Heroquest gamers, my Backers, my Customers and anyone else who comes across it. You can download it here or from the front of my store.

MODULE VERSION

A FREE Dungeon Map Pack for Personal Use featuring a mixture of 36 Rooms and Passages with a Map Selection Panel and Random Map Roll Table pre-packaged into a module ready-to-go within Fantasy Grounds.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1e0rpVAB1_8IkyJ46ZdiZeuVsp0xmQW9E

TILE VERSION

A FREE Dungeon Tile Map Pack for Personal Use featuring a mixture of 36 Rooms and Passages.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UhzpSCDwuvHs-aaRIqCzT4L7L6kiK2G-

Kind Regards,
Kris

Trenloe
November 1st, 2018, 18:27
Fantastic! Thanks for this Kris.

One niggle - the module is tagged for just the 5E ruleset - any chance of changing that to "Any" please?

gtw2017
November 1st, 2018, 18:58
Fantastic! Thanks for this Kris.

One niggle - the module is tagged for just the 5E ruleset - any chance of changing that to "Any" please?

yvw. I'm on it...

DONE

Trenloe
November 1st, 2018, 20:04
yvw. I'm on it...

DONE
Fantastic! Thanks. :)

Zacchaeus
November 1st, 2018, 21:02
Jolly good show, young man :)

Valyar
November 2nd, 2018, 08:55
Excellent quality and quantity of the maps in the pack!!! :D

PS: Still set to 5e only.

Kelrugem
November 2nd, 2018, 13:02
Thank you :)

Jip
November 2nd, 2018, 13:41
These are great! Thanks :D

Halfront
November 3rd, 2018, 00:10
Mmmm...more map stuff...yumm

Neovirtus
November 4th, 2018, 04:16
Great stuff, thanks Kris.

On a side note, what is the best implementation method for tile sets like this in Fantasy Grounds? Use the extension for multiple layers and load these as tokens, and place them in the background? Any way to use them in unmodified FG?

mcortez
November 4th, 2018, 05:28
Nice! Thanks!!!

Trenloe
November 4th, 2018, 11:49
PS: Still set to 5e only.
YEp, the download is still showing the <ruleset>5E</ruleset> tag.

gtw2017
November 4th, 2018, 13:54

On a side note, what is the best implementation method for tile sets like this in Fantasy Grounds? Use the extension for multiple layers and load these as tokens, and place them in the background? Any way to use them in unmodified FG?

Hi :) Re: Any vs 5e. I'll check the module again. I did change it to Any - please keep in mind, if not already, that if you download it from my storelink/googledrive, it doesn't get auto-updated like it does on FG - you'd need to re-download it to get any changes I make.

I would either build a larger map with the tile set in GIMP or Photoshop for instance and pin respective rooms to the larger map. The 16x16" allows you to change tokens less often than 8x8 would - but there is still some changeover required as your players move through if you use individual tiles.

Trenloe
November 4th, 2018, 13:56
Re: Any vs 5e. I'll check the module again. I did change it to Any - please keep in mind, if not already, that if you download it from my storelink/googledrive, it doesn't get auto-updated like it does on FG - you'd need to re-download it to get any changes I make.
Yep, I've redownloaded it a couple of times from GoogleDrive over the last 2 days. Have you uploaded to GoogleDrive? Does the new upload have a different share link to that in post #1 of this thread?

gtw2017
November 4th, 2018, 14:16
OK - I'll re-check it, no probs :)

No should be the same link.

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2018, 15:05
Kris, in my definition.xml you have the <category> set to any system but the <ruleset> is saying 5e. It's the ruleset that needs to be changed to 'Any'. The Category would be something like 'Map Pack' rather than 'Any System'.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<root version="3.3" release="8|CoreRPG:4">
<name>GTW Free Dungeon Tile Pack</name>
<category>Map Pack</category>
<author>Kris McDermott / Game Tile Warehouse</author>
<ruleset>Any</ruleset>
</root>

gtw2017
November 4th, 2018, 16:52
Kris, in my definition.xml you have the <category> set to any system but the <ruleset> is saying 5e. It's the ruleset that needs to be changed to 'Any'. The Category would be something like 'Map Pack' rather than 'Any System'.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<root version="3.3" release="8|CoreRPG:4">
<name>GTW Free Dungeon Tile Pack</name>
<category>Map Pack</category>
<author>Kris McDermott / Game Tile Warehouse</author>
<ruleset>Any</ruleset>
</root>

OK - thanks - try it now? I've added a version number to the pack so we can track changed files. this is v1.01 - also changed the story to reflect the fact pre-masking doesn't save.

And thank you everyone for the comments, hope you enjoy using them :)

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2018, 17:55
Ah, Kris. You have managed to zip up the module twice in that package. Remove the module from folder and zip up again. Your definition file is now great though - so that's the good news :)

gtw2017
November 4th, 2018, 18:07
Ah, Kris. You have managed to zip up the module twice in that package. Remove the module from folder and zip up again. Your definition file is now great though - so that's the good news :)

Hm. Ok, take v1.02 - better?

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2018, 18:42
Hm. Ok, take v1.02 - better?

It's a Beaut! :)

Trenloe
November 4th, 2018, 18:51
It's a Beaut! :)
Bonza mate! :)

donpaulo
November 5th, 2018, 00:27

This is a great question. I'd love to hear any suggestions please

gtw2017
November 10th, 2018, 14:19
I would either build a larger map with the tile set in GIMP or Photoshop for instance and pin respective rooms to the larger map.
The 16x16" squares allows you to change tokens less often than 8x8" or individual rooms would - but there is still some changeover required as your players move through if you use individual tiles.
So build an 'overland' map by fitting the tiles together in a photo editing program - import that - then use pins to bring up the respective rooms as they are encountered - or just make one for passages and allow the rooms to be randomly selected by the table. Or use the random table to bring up a random passage or room and move the action from room to room. The room tile maps are Square-shaped - but there are a mix of passages and rooms, and the tiles have been designed in such a way that they are not square-shaped, you have all kinds of twisting passages and layouts so that the dungeons won't seem 'blocky'.

Eventually (prob by Jan) I will add these to an FG Module that will compliment them: https://gametilewarehouse.wixsite.com/rpgtilesupply/product-page/digital-dungeon-roomz-map-bundle-code