PDA

View Full Version : Letting users edit tables

CactusFantastico
November 1st, 2018, 03:38
Hello! I am a player looking to be able to have a random aspect of my character. The elements will change over time and I don't the dm to have to manage the list. Is there a way that the dm can give me permissions to edit the table? or can I just make a roll-able table for myself? He was able to give me vision, but I didn't have edit privileges.

Thanks for your help in advance.

LordEntrails
November 1st, 2018, 03:56
Nope. Maybe with a custom extension, but all tables are owned (and therefore only editable) by the GM.

You can make a development/build campaign, create a table, export it as a module, give it to the GM, and then they can share the table (or module) with you. Then you can update the table in your development campaign when you want, re-export it, send it the GM and then use the updated version.

damned
November 1st, 2018, 04:44
Unfortunately no easy way to do this.

Trenloe
November 1st, 2018, 07:46
You can make a development/build campaign, create a table, export it as a module, give it to the GM, and then they can share the table (or module) with you. Then you can update the table in your development campaign when you want, re-export it, send it the GM and then use the updated version.
This is probably the besy way. Export it as a player module (setting in the export window) and you won’t need to send the module to the GM - just ask them to allow access once and then you will be able to use the table/s from your module and if you do an update export with the same module name you can see the updated data automatically.