PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Errors - Need Help ASAP

wthrasherb
October 31st, 2018, 15:55
Hey Community!

I haven't used FG in a while. I ran the updater. Now I've got issues.

Problem 1): Connection Failure

I tried creating a new Campaign, but the connection fails. I've got port 1802 forwarded. My network is set to Private. I've TRIED to go into AVG (Anitvirus software) and allow various Exceptions.

I'm on a different computer than when I last ran FG. The other computer has been wiped and there is nothing installed on it except Windows.

I'm sure I need to do something with my security settings, but I'm not sure what at this point.

Problem 2): FG not loading properly

When I open a campaign, this is the screen I get:

Please help! I'm trying to run a game tonight.

Thanks in advance.

Trenloe
October 31st, 2018, 17:01
1) Double check that the port frowarding for TCP port 1802 on your Internet router has been changed (and saved) to the IP address of your new computer. If it is, then remove the old rule, add a new one and reboot the router.

2) Update all of the extensions you're using. Make sure they're compatible with FG v3.3.6 - if not, disable them.

wthrasherb
October 31st, 2018, 17:12
1) Double check that the port forwarding for TCP port 1802 on your Internet router has been changed (and saved) to the IP address of your new computer. If it is, then remove the old rule, add a new one and reboot the router.

2) Update all of the extensions you're using. Make sure they're compatible with FG v3.3.6 - if not, disable them.

Ok, I eventually got everything connected and I've turned off all extensions.

Now at least the application loads.

I'll look into the Extension updates now.

I'll report back as soon as I've got things fixed.

Thanks!

wthrasherb
October 31st, 2018, 17:46
All fixed.

Extension updates seemed to be the majority of the problem.

Thanks!