PDA

View Full Version : Ars Magica 5e MoreCore Extension

superteddy57
October 28th, 2018, 21:38
Ars Magica 5E Extension
I've enjoyed running and playing Ars Magica for some time and wanted to provide that opportunity to the rest of the community. I've added the changes to MoreCore to allow a more dedicated approach to the game. I've made changes to the Character sheet, NPCs, Items, Party sheet, and Combat Tracker. This was inspired by Oberoten's ruleset and ported over.

I will continue working on this and will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Also, would love to hear about any suggestions.

Updates

9-15-18 - Fixed casting rolls from main tab. Moved Raw Vis tracker to Inventory sheet to let Known Spells be larger for those longer named spells
9-22-18 - Covenant Tracking done from Party Sheet; NPCs changed equipment box to allow drag n drop of items (May break already made NPCs). This is not the same as the character sheet inventory, but allows a link to a made item to be stored on the sheet. Good for Magic Items
10-9-18 - Overhauled the code to support future implementations. (May need to re-create PC's and NPCs); Character sheet re-arranged; Added Weapons frame to hold data and accepts drops. It does not auto populate the inventory; Added Virtue/Flaws button since not enough space on MoreCore tab and didn't want it in another location; Updated theme provided by Damned (You da best); Added Skill frame and skills node. Can create skills on the sheet and then choose the characteristic you would like to add to roll. Will link to pre-made skills in the skills node if created; I left the dice roller for known spells to add modifier for bonus to the roll. Would recommend just clicking the Art/Form above the Known spells for the casting roll. There is a issue with importing character sheets right now with the skills. I will be looking into that. The skills will work, but unfortunately will need to be recreated if you import a saved character.
10-20-18 - Fixed issue with importing. Please let me know if anything doesn't import correctly; Weapon list will now perform rolls with init, atk, and dfn. Will produce the result using correct characteristics added to roll and skill levels as well. Description will need work and changed to proper task, but works; Known spells list will roll with value of the Art/Form of the spell. No longer need dice command for spells; I think this is the closest I will get with the automation. It is very playable in the current state and will be helpful running short or long sagas. If you have a suggestion or critique, please hit me up in pm or through the Fantasy Grounds discord.
10-25-18 - Repaired error when attempting to create skills.
11-29-2018 - Added more features for casting hedge magic to the character sheet and NPC sheet. Also NPC type can be changed to show more relevant fields towards those types.
1-9-2019 - Alot of changes inbound; Character Sheet - Added all different styles of magic that have spells. Re-arranged items on the tabs for more visibility of the abilities; Items - Tracks type by Weapon and Armor as before. Added the new type Enchanted Item to provide more functionality for powers associated with enchanted items and the Books as well; Types - Weapon, Armor, Enchanted Item, Book, and Laboratory Text; NPCs - Added new fields for the supplements to track might, infernal, and divine fields. Added new tab to track powers/known spells. Spells tab is just for casting totals. Added the ability for the combat field to allow rolls (*: Init # Atk # Def # Dam #). Can double click on item to roll stress die with bonus/minus associated with task. Please make sure dice pool has been turned off as this causes an error to appear; Spells - Set it up with types to allow powers to be tracked under spells so they can use the same list boxes.
1-23-2019 - Fine tuned casting to display name of spell from known spells and also figures for spontaneous casting.
5-27-2019 - Fixed an issue with opening the character sheet for the first time; Found a new bug with Skills. This should stop shooting up errors when adding skills.
6-21-2019 - Somehow my fix made it worse and needed to work on skills again. Made some changes and should allow updating the skill you wish to use with the skilll now. It will add the characteristic into the roll.
7-25-19 - Added a second roll button to learned spells for normal casting; Casting rolls will now include Stamina with the roll; Added drop down lists for item types and subtypes
5-15-20 - Fixed Unity errors and added a non-automated Soak button to the Fatigue frame. Please delete the old extension file as I used a new naming convention this time around.

Leave your questions or suggestions here.

Thanks again for your interest.

v2.4 uploaded with new fixes

Oberoten
October 28th, 2018, 23:40
Glad to see that someone else gives Ars Magica some love as well. :) I am afraid my own ruleset has long since slid over into houserules and bloat, I will decidedly take a good look at this :)

- Obe

superteddy57
October 29th, 2018, 00:34
Actually your ruleset was what inspired me to make this extension. Thanks to you, this wouldn't be a thing :)

Oberoten
October 29th, 2018, 05:23
I sincerely wish I had put as much effort into the partysheet as you have. It is so logical compared to my current way to deal with the covenant as a character-sheet. So yeah, will be crimping ideas but not code.

- Obe

superteddy57
October 29th, 2018, 13:21
Well I was thinking of making it only host visible, but I have played too many sagas where the whole group was part of the process. This is a sure fire way the players will be able to open the party sheet and see the same information.

superteddy57
November 29th, 2018, 18:44
Updated extension by Adding more features for casting hedge magic to the character sheet and NPC sheet. Also NPC type can be changed to show more relevant fields towards those types.

superteddy57
January 10th, 2019, 03:34
Updated extension with more additions and some fine tuning. Thanks for checking out the extension!

damned
January 10th, 2019, 05:42
This is really excellent work Superteddy57!

msabio73
January 20th, 2019, 08:23
Great work Superteddy57
You have achieved a great and clean interface. Very nice work.

Thank you!

superteddy57
January 20th, 2019, 14:52
Thanks, I still feel like some needs improving and have some open space I could use for something, just not sure what lol. Thank you again for the kind words.

Teotimus
January 22nd, 2019, 09:53
This looks awesome, thanks a bunch! One doubt, though: is there any way that the bonus is automatically added when you click on the roll from a spell? I can get it in standard rolls, and also when rolling from the Arts window, but when I click on a spell, it just rolls the die and states the result...

Thanks!

superteddy57
January 22nd, 2019, 13:24
Yes, the spell is where it starts. In the Form/Technique field, you would need to type out the casting it is. Like for instance Aegis of the Hearth is a ReVi spell. Type out the shorthand in that box. Then drop the spell in the known spells section of the character sheet, or NPC sheet, and click on the roll button. As long as you have levels in Rego and Vim, it should calculate and add the modifier.

Teotimus
January 23rd, 2019, 07:41
Yes, the spell is where it starts. In the Form/Technique field, you would need to type out the casting it is. Like for instance Aegis of the Hearth is a ReVi spell. Type out the shorthand in that box. Then drop the spell in the known spells section of the character sheet, or NPC sheet, and click on the roll button. As long as you have levels in Rego and Vim, it should calculate and add the modifier.

Ooooh... so the trick was using shorthand for the Arts! That worked like a charm (or, rather, as a spell), thanks a lot! One related question: would it be possible to include the name of the spell in the chat output when you roll for it? Now it only states the Te/Fo combination, but having the spell's name could be rather handy for reference...

Thanks again!

superteddy57
January 23rd, 2019, 13:18
Hmmm... that should put the spell name when casting. If you see in my example it is casting Aegis of the Hearth and outputted to the chat. Maybe I did a slight fix after release. I can post an updated ruleset with my current changes.

I pretty much stick to the spell codes in the book so for the other methods just see what it says on the spell in the rulebooks and it should roll correctly.

Also, the item types are Armor, Weapon, Enchanted Item (Type or Subtype), Laboratory Text to get relevant fields

For NPCs the combat field will create rolls if you stick to the format <attack>: Init +/-# Atk +/-# Def +/-# Dam +/-#

superteddy57
January 23rd, 2019, 13:23
Updated first post with v2.1. Fine tuned spell casting to show name of spell.

Teotimus
January 23rd, 2019, 19:45
That's awesome, thanks! With the new version it works perfectly!

(Just in case you accept further feedback, including the level of the spell in the chat output would be even better, since it would be enough to compare the roll with the level with just a glance. It's a totally minor detail, but anyway...).

I'll give a try to items too, this ruleset is my dream come true!

superteddy57
January 24th, 2019, 00:46
That was my next to do on the list. I just honestly need feedback and suggestions. For my groups and solo play this works well and I'm adding things that will make my life easier running the games. So your feedback is doing wonders. Keep them coming and I'll keep working on this. In reference to your suggestion, do you want it to just display the spell level or have it compared? Oh, and the only thing missing from casting rolls is the relevant casting stat. Haven't worked out how I'm going to do that for each of the different styles yet. Figured it's easier to just reference the characteristics and do simple math.

And if anyone or yourself wish to reach me on Discord, I have the same name on there.

Teotimus
January 24th, 2019, 07:50
Nice! I'll drop any ideas I come up with while I explore the ruleset. Regarding spell level vs roll, I think that having the level stated next to the name would be enough, but if comparing them automatically is just as easy to do, well, that never hurts...

Regarding casting stats, I'm not sure I'm following you... isn't it always Stamina that is used to cast a spell?

superteddy57
January 24th, 2019, 16:34
Well that is with Hermetic casting. Amazon's use communication due to the chanting as an example. So that is not implemented yet. I have all the books and added most of the supplements are being represented with the character sheet

Teotimus
January 25th, 2019, 07:38
Oh, it's for those minor, irritating hedgies! OK, I understand now... :)

Now seriously, I love that you included so many non-Hermetic traditions, they're really great, but I guess it must be tricky to include a different stat for each roll/tradition. Adding them manually should be enough for now...

Furita
May 11th, 2019, 08:37
Hi! Many thanks for this! It is pretty awesome.
Sorry to bother you, but I have a doubt, is there a way to the attacks to sum the ability score+ characteristic to the weapon numbers? When I add items to the library players can equip then but it didn't add the characteristics neither the abilities scores to any roll. I made the item, and put the same name as the ability on the ability field on it, then we equipped the item on the inventory and at the morecore's weapon field but it only show and rolls the basic item Attk, for example.
Also, is there any guide or library for the commands we can use? Like, it took me a time to understand I needed to put CrIg on the spell, instead of Creo Ignem or Creo/Ignem, or any other convination hehe
Again, many thanks for all your work on this!!!

superteddy57
May 11th, 2019, 15:42
I stick to the rulebook with all my extensions. That way it helps in the copy/paste department. I don't have any documentation yet. I believe that was on my to do list for linking skill+ability. Thanks for reminding me. I've been dealing with some real life issues and will be getting back to updating it.

superteddy57
May 12th, 2019, 17:42
If you want a demo, reach out to me on discord and we can set up a time to do an online demo for the DM.

viresanimi
May 27th, 2019, 13:30
I get errors when I open a new character for the first time - but seemingly not subsequently.

New campaign or old. Newest MoreCore Ruleset. Newest Ars Magica Extension. No other extentions loaded:

Script Error: [string "pc_label_health"]:1: attempt to index global 'label' (a nil value)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (health) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (defence) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (wounds) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (four) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (five) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control (initbonus) in windowclass (charsheet_more)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (initresult) in windowclass (charsheet_more)

Suggestion: The base MoreCore charactersheet has a tap called MoreData. Perhaps copy the Reference / Notes / Images sections at the bottom into the Ars Magica Main tab, in the blank section.

Vires Animi

superteddy57
May 28th, 2019, 01:24
Thanks Vires Animi. I'll look into this for you.

superteddy57
May 28th, 2019, 02:46
Updated first post with updated extension to fix Vires Animi error report.

superteddy57
May 28th, 2019, 04:25
Sorry for the late reply. I found another bug after double checking some work with the extension. The skills would throw up an error when adding skills to the character sheet. First post has updated extension with the fix to skills as well.

viresanimi
May 28th, 2019, 05:21
Heh... I actually found that one too, but forgot about it. Thanks for the updates!

superteddy57
May 28th, 2019, 15:45
Super! I read your mind. Can you elaborate for me on the suggestion for the empty space suggestion? I was thinking of having that be a location for familiar or alternate form from one of the hedge magics. You would want the MoreData boxes for images/reference/images?

superteddy57
June 21st, 2019, 09:35
Updated first post with a fix for characteristic not being added to skill rolls. Should pull the characteristic and add it to the roll.

Ravnos de Flambeau
July 24th, 2019, 19:47
Thank you so much for doing this amazing ruleset. I wanted to know if it is possible to add Stamina to the Form/Technique roll. Also is it possible to make a special roll for learnt spells (the dice doesn't explode with 1 or botch with 10)?
Also i can't make the damage work. It didn't allow me to introduce the damage on the weapon. Is there any special way?
Thanks in regard

superteddy57
July 24th, 2019, 20:36
Adding Stamina is on the list for the Form/Technique roll. I could try and make a different roller for the learned spells. I might be rusty, but I thought you still rolled stress on learned spells. Could you point me to the rulebook page for that? Can you show me pics for the damage on weapons?

Edit
I checked on the Damage for weapons and I think that is a base number and not a roll as it's based on the attack roll or am I incorrect?

I will be updating the Items to have drop downs for the types to help GMs. So I'll get Stamina added along with it. Give me till tomorrow since I have an off day of work tomorrow. If you can get me your suggestions and critiques by tomorrow, they'll make it in to the update.

Teotimus
July 25th, 2019, 08:05
Formulaic magic depends on the situation, it's a simple roll in calm situations, and a stress roll in... well, stressful situations. See page 81 in the corebook:

The type of die rolled depends on the situation. If the maga is not under any pressure, it is a simple die. If she is in a stressful situation, it is a stress die. If the maga has mastered the spell, the die is always a stress die, but in a calm situation there are no botch dice, even if the maga is in a strange aura

Weapon damage, indeed, includes no roll: it's just the weapon's Damage modifier + user's Strength + Attack advantage

superteddy57
July 25th, 2019, 08:40
Cool thanks. I'll add a second roll button for non-stress. I'll also add STA to the rolls as well. I'm also going to link STR to the Dam box as well.

superteddy57
July 25th, 2019, 10:13
Updated first post with new version.

-Added a second roll button to learned spells for normal casting.
-Casting rolls will now include Stamina with the roll
-Added drop down lists for item types and subtypes

Ravnos de Flambeau
July 25th, 2019, 19:43
Adding Stamina is on the list for the Form/Technique roll. I could try and make a different roller for the learned spells. I might be rusty, but I thought you still rolled stress on learned spells. Could you point me to the rulebook page for that? Can you show me pics for the damage on weapons?

Edit
I checked on the Damage for weapons and I think that is a base number and not a roll as it's based on the attack roll or am I incorrect?

I will be updating the Items to have drop downs for the types to help GMs. So I'll get Stamina added along with it. Give me till tomorrow since I have an off day of work tomorrow. If you can get me your suggestions and critiques by tomorrow, they'll make it in to the update.

Thank you so much! i really appreciate your work, it allows me to play my favorite game in Fantasy Grounds. The rule (page 81) says that in a non stressful situation formulaic spells use simple dice. The same rule applies to the skills, you don't always roll a stress die. I presume i'm doing something wrong. Ill send you the pic. 28117. Also with the attack of the NPC it doesnt work.28118

superteddy57
July 26th, 2019, 02:53
So you are doing great up till you select the type. Unfortunately I have not got it to open directly to weapons. With the latest update it should be easier as it's a drop down box now. Just select Weapon and you are all set with them. Now for the NPC rolls, I tested it out and I would turn off the Dice Pool as my rolls don't play nice with that feature. It is on my list to have that disabled upon starting a campaign. For now, you may have to just turn it off with each new campaign.

As for the stress vs normal dice question. I may have to set up a flag or some indication of what type of roll is being performed. The only way to truly get it to work as intended at the moment would be to roll the option on the sheet for stress and simply used the roll as indicated. If a 1 or 10 is rolled then they can be easily deciphered from the output. I don't have much room in some areas for two kinds of rolls, so I will have to consider a alternate way for each to be performed. I may even use a keyboard option like holding shift for stress and no shift for normal. It will require some time unfortunately for me to test this new system.

Pujaree
April 1st, 2020, 14:07
Hey there! Unsure of where else to put this so sorry for bringing back a thread that was last posted in July 2019!
With FGU out in Early Release, I tested to see if Ars Magica still works (I've been gearing up to start a game in the next month or so) but see that it does not work anymore in FGU.

I realize it just came out in Early Release - I am just wondering if this might be something you work on in the future to update for the new system?

Till then, I will happily be using it in FG Classic and I appreciate your work in making it! I would not be looking to run a game if it did not exist!

superteddy57
April 1st, 2020, 17:09
Hey there! Unsure of where else to put this so sorry for bringing back a thread that was last posted in July 2019!
With FGU out in Early Release, I tested to see if Ars Magica still works (I've been gearing up to start a game in the next month or so) but see that it does not work anymore in FGU.

I realize it just came out in Early Release - I am just wondering if this might be something you work on in the future to update for the new system?

Till then, I will happily be using it in FG Classic and I appreciate your work in making it! I would not be looking to run a game if it did not exist!

This is honestly my go to fantasy ruleset and love the system. Unfortunately this was a fan project I made prior to me being hired on as a developer. I asked SmiteWorks to allow me to continue posting these so as to allow continued use of them. I won't be able to provide major updates to them and will be left pretty much as is for now.

damned
April 1st, 2020, 22:17
This is honestly my go to fantasy ruleset and love the system. Unfortunately this was a fan project I made prior to me being hired on as a developer. I asked SmiteWorks to allow me to continue posting these so as to allow continued use of them. I won't be able to provide major updates to them and will be left pretty much as is for now.

We will try and make sure that they work in FGU though!

Galdor
April 15th, 2020, 14:19
Hi,
I did not find any skill, spell or NPC inside: did I miss anything?

damned
April 15th, 2020, 15:19
Most community rulesets have no data included as in most cases the data is copyrighted and there is no permission to distribute.

Ravnos de Flambeau
May 5th, 2020, 15:55
Hi! I noticed that there's no "Soak" value for the Character's Sheet. Is it possible to add it? Thx

Galdor
May 6th, 2020, 19:05
Most community rulesets have no data included as in most cases the data is copyrighted and there is no permission to distribute.
OK, thanks. How can I add them?

CJR
May 9th, 2020, 17:06
This is great! have you asked Atlas Games about doing an official version. I mean Metacreator does char gen beautifully but for actual live play an FGU version would be great and the Nephews are lovely people?

superteddy57
May 10th, 2020, 01:06
@Ravnos de Flambeau I am a bit shocked I didn't add a box for soak. I am a bit swamped at the moment and might be a bit of time to add that

@Galdor The best way is to go through your rulebook and supplements and create a module as if you were purchasing the product. Unfortunately this can't be provided without fringing on copyright.

@CJR No, this was a fan made project for a very short campaign and a personal project since I love the system. Since I am a now hired and working for SmiteWorks they agreed to keep my projects up to allow people to continue using them. No plans to expand or add features due to this. I will investigate game breaking bugs and try to get to them as they pop up. There are no current talks for a license at this time as well. So, hopefully this will help in the mean time.

CJR
May 14th, 2020, 22:37
Hey folks! I have installed the pak but i am not seeing the character sheet? Do i need to install something else???

CJR
May 14th, 2020, 22:43
Ah it does not work in Fantasy Grounds Unity? That might be my problem! Drat, that is really unfortunate. I will have to switch to another VTT for this. :(

superteddy57
May 14th, 2020, 22:51
You would need to install MoreCore ruleset to the ruleset folder and then this extension to the extension folder. Create a new campaign and select this extension before you start the session. I haven't seen any reports that there is an issue with this in Unity.

CJR
May 14th, 2020, 23:03
Yep i have MoreCore latest version and the .pak in Extension folder. I will paste a screen shot..

CJR
May 14th, 2020, 23:27
Here is my log

[5/14/2020 11:15:55 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-05-14)
[5/14/2020 11:15:55 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[5/14/2020 11:16:39 PM] Daily session backup created.
[5/14/2020 11:16:39 PM] Starting cloud server mode. [CJR]
[5/14/2020 11:16:42 PM] Game server started. [128.199.60.165:57450]
[5/14/2020 11:16:42 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[5/14/2020 11:16:43 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[5/14/2020 11:16:43 PM] Match successfully created on lobby.
[5/14/2020 11:16:54 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Error loading extension XML file. [MCArM v2.2] [strings/strings_campaign.xml]: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 484, position 51.
[5/14/2020 11:16:56 PM] s'aMajor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #4, s'MoreCore' = #1 } | s' aMinor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #0, s'MoreCore' = #55 }
[5/14/2020 11:16:56 PM] s'onInit: registerResultHandler'
[5/14/2020 11:16:56 PM] Loaded FreeType library version 2.10.2
[5/14/2020 11:16:57 PM] RULESET: MoreCore Ruleset (Version 1.55 2020416). This generic ruleset adds features and flexibility allowing you to play more game systems.
This ruleset coded by damned and ianmward. Additional thanks to superteddy57, celestian, Trenloe, mcortez, kelrugem, Moon Wizard and others for their assistance along the way. This incorporates dice rolling extensions from Ikael, DMFirmy, Frostbyte, Sibelius, Trenloe, Imiri, Myrddin, rstrahan, ahoggya, superteddy57, mcortez, David Stitt, thwright, trobadork, SmileyMan, rpotor, opilio, damned and ianmward.
DicePool and much other goodness by ianmward.
Roll Parameters by mcortez.
Click link for User Guide
[5/14/2020 11:16:57 PM] RULESET: Help grow MoreCore. If you would like to support MoreCore you can do so in the following ways:
* Use MoreCore and spread the word about the systems you are playing
* Use MoreCore and upload and share Character sheets (and even campaigns) and instructions for the systems you are playing
* Creating new Rolls for MoreCore and allowing them to be included into MoreCore
* Creating new Theme Extensions for MoreCore and sharing them on the forums
* If you would like to make a donation to help feed my RPG habit you can donate at PayPal.me/fgdamned
[5/14/2020 11:16:57 PM] RULESET: Type /morecorehelp to access the MoreCore User Manual in game. Rolls should be added to the PC and NPC sheets and not used in Chat. (LINK)
[5/14/2020 11:16:57 PM] RULESET: Visit (LINK) for the best online RPG convention. Every year in April and October.
[5/14/2020 11:16:57 PM] RULESET: The Dice Pool is turned off by default in new MoreCore campaigns. It can be turned on in Options.
[5/14/2020 11:16:57 PM] RULESET: CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.11 for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2019 Smiteworks USA, LLC
[5/14/2020 11:16:57 PM] EXTENSION: MoreCore - Ars Magica 5e v2.1.2\r\n Ars Magica 5th Edition is Copyright Atlas Games.\r\nVisit https://(LINK) for more\r\nThis fan made extension created by Dominic Morta (superteddy57)\r\n Inspired by Oberoten's ruleset

The files seem to be in right place?

This is the screen

and this is the character sheet?

I know from FGC that is not what it looked like, but someone on previous page said not working on FGU and I did wonder if the "missing content" issue referenced by another user above meant this?

Hopefully I am just being an idiot and this can easily be fixed. Well my problem, my idiocy may require a lot more!

EDIT: Game is Covenant of Avalon, GM CJR, no password, have a look...
CJ x

damned
May 15th, 2020, 05:04
Please share the console.log
it looks liek the fonts are not being loaded.

Naurthoron
May 15th, 2020, 07:15
Fixed here for FGU, it was mostly comments mess not accepted by FGU.
I have quickly tested backward compatibility and this version does seem to work also on FGC.

EDIT: new version placed at root of thread by Superteddy57.

CJR
May 15th, 2020, 16:42
Superb! The only issue i have noticed is the damage box no longer works on weapons (and Soak is still missing)

Thank you so much for your help.

superteddy57
May 15th, 2020, 18:31
Updated first post with updates. Please delete the old file as I used a new naming convention for the file.

CJR
May 16th, 2020, 16:40
Hi Galdor might be worth checking now?

Ravnos de Flambeau
June 11th, 2020, 21:30
Updated first post with updates. Please delete the old file as I used a new naming convention for the file.

I've notice there's no Encumbrance button. The Encumbrance its a negative thing when you roll your initiative. Would it be possible to add it?

Thanks!

Gubbelguu
July 1st, 2020, 13:22
Hello there,

since we are about to switch to FGU with our weekly group, i looked at the Ars Magica ruleset today.

Sadly I encountered some problems and I have to be honest, I am to dumb for the coding behind Fantasy Grounds. Can somebody point me in the right direction to fix it?

There are multiple problems like this:

The console log will be in the next post, since I have to shorten my post to under 10.000 charactrers^^

If someone could take a look and is able to point me in the right direction to fix it, I would be very graceful :)

Gubbelguu
July 1st, 2020, 13:24
[7/1/2020 2:15:23 PM] FGU v4.0.0 STANDARD (2020-04-15)
[7/1/2020 2:15:23 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[7/1/2020 2:15:29 PM] Daily session backup created.
[7/1/2020 2:15:29 PM] Starting cloud server mode. [Gubbelguu]
[7/1/2020 2:15:32 PM] Game server started. [128.199.60.165:62837]
[7/1/2020 2:15:32 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[7/1/2020 2:15:32 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[7/1/2020 2:15:32 PM] Match successfully created on lobby.
[7/1/2020 2:15:47 PM] s'onInit: registerResultHandler'
[7/1/2020 2:15:47 PM] s'aMajor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #4, s'MoreCore' = #1 } | s' aMinor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #0, s'MoreCore' = #58 }
[7/1/2020 2:15:47 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] API: SharpFont.InvalidFontException: Exception of type 'SharpFont.InvalidFontException' was thrown.
at SharpFont.Interpreter.CheckIndex (System.Int32 index, System.Int32 length) [0x00018] in <ac65155129f34c758c36ea328682c6c3>:0
at SharpFont.Interpreter.ReadCvt () [0x00012] in <ac65155129f34c758c36ea328682c6c3>:0
at SharpFont.Interpreter.MoveIndirectRelative (System.Int32 flags) [0x00001] in <ac65155129f34c758c36ea328682c6c3>:0
at SharpFont.Interpreter.Execute (SharpFont.Interpreter+InstructionStream stream, System.Boolean inFunction, System.Boolean allowFunctionDefs) [0x01ff1] in <ac65155129f34c758c36ea328682c6c3>:0
at SharpFont.Interpreter.HintGlyph (SharpFont.PointF[] glyphPoints, System.Int32[] contours, System.Byte[] instructions) [0x000ca] in <ac65155129f34c758c36ea328682c6c3>:0
at SharpFont.FontFace.GetGlyph (SharpFont.CodePoint codePoint, System.Single pixelSize) [0x001c0] in <ac65155129f34c758c36ea328682c6c3>:0
at Typography.TextAnalyzer.AppendText (System.Char* text, System.Int32 count, SharpFont.TextFormat format, Typography.FontDefinition fontDef) [0x000df] in <ea5eb1f67ac14365b3fa8dfbade2e10a>:0
at Typography.TextAnalyzer.AppendText (System.String text, SharpFont.TextFormat format, Typography.FontDefinition fontDef) [0x00018] in <ea5eb1f67ac14365b3fa8dfbade2e10a>:0
at Typography.TextBuffer.Append (Typography.TextAnalyzer analyzer, Typography.FontDefinition fontDef, SharpFont.TextFormat format, System.String text, LAMEDOKLCGE type, UnityEngine.Color color, JFGGHCFBILP[]& chars, System.Int32 index) [0x00006] in <ea5eb1f67ac14365b3fa8dfbade2e10a>:0
at IPKONCFNLJP.LFMMIMAEPFL (System.String PBHPENKOPBO, System.String KDNFEJPDJJL, LAMEDOKLCGE BPDANMNHEID, System.Nullable`1[T] EEFIHIPKKGK, System.Boolean DGFCAAFNMKN) [0x000a1] in <ea5eb1f67ac14365b3fa8dfbade2e10a>:0
at MBNAALMJBEA.GIIEHDNAKOJ (System.String PBHPENKOPBO, System.String JJCPLLHDNPC, System.Int32 CBNNBMFDKIE, System.Int32 DCLICGBMOLL) [0x00035] in <ea5eb1f67ac14365b3fa8dfbade2e10a>:0
at KABNHAFHGFK.KBDAOKGNMED () [0x0000c] in <ea5eb1f67ac14365b3fa8dfbade2e10a>:0
at EAFFOPJKCKC.DFBMFJBJJAI (System.IntPtr MDMHFAEJKAB) [0x00010] in <ea5eb1f67ac14365b3fa8dfbade2e10a>:0
[7/1/2020 2:15:47 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] API: SharpFont.InvalidFontException: Exception of type 'SharpFont.InvalidFontException' was thrown.
at SharpFont.Interpreter.CheckIndex (System.Int32 index, System.Int32 length) [0x00018] in <ac65155129f34c758c36ea328682c6c3>:0
at SharpFont.Interpreter.ReadCvt () [0x00012] in <ac65155129f34c758c36ea328682c6c3>:0
at SharpFont.Interpreter.MoveIndirectRelative (System.Int32 flags) [0x00001] in <ac65155129f34c758c36ea328682c6c3>:0
at SharpFont.Interpreter.Execute (SharpFont.Interpreter+InstructionStream stream, System.Boolean inFunction, System.Boolean allowFunctionDefs) [0x01ff1] in <ac65155129f34c758c36ea328682c6c3>:0
at SharpFont.Interpreter.HintGlyph (SharpFont.PointF[] glyphPoints, System.Int32[] contours, System.Byte[] instructions) [0x000ca] in <ac65155129f34c758c36ea328682c6c3>:0
at SharpFont.FontFace.GetGlyph (SharpFont.CodePoint codePoint, System.Single pixelSize) [0x001c0] in <ac65155129f34c758c36ea328682c6c3>:0
at Typography.TextAnalyzer.AppendText (System.Char* text, System.Int32 count, SharpFont.TextFormat format, Typography.FontDefinition fontDef) [0x000df] in <ea5eb1f67ac14365b3fa8dfbade2e10a>:0
at Typography.TextAnalyzer.AppendText (System.String text, SharpFont.TextFormat format, Typography.FontDefinition fontDef) [0x00018] in <ea5eb1f67ac14365b3fa8dfbade2e10a>:0
at Typography.TextBuffer.Append (Typography.TextAnalyzer analyzer, Typography.FontDefinition fontDef, SharpFont.TextFormat format, System.String text, LAMEDOKLCGE type, UnityEngine.Color color, JFGGHCFBILP[]& chars, System.Int32 index) [0x00006] in <ea5eb1f67ac14365b3fa8dfbade2e10a>:0
at IPKONCFNLJP.LFMMIMAEPFL (System.String PBHPENKOPBO, System.String KDNFEJPDJJL, LAMEDOKLCGE BPDANMNHEID, System.Nullable`1[T] EEFIHIPKKGK, System.Boolean DGFCAAFNMKN) [0x000a1] in <ea5eb1f67ac14365b3fa8dfbade2e10a>:0
at MBNAALMJBEA.GIIEHDNAKOJ (System.String PBHPENKOPBO, System.String JJCPLLHDNPC, System.Int32 CBNNBMFDKIE, System.Int32 DCLICGBMOLL) [0x00035] in <ea5eb1f67ac14365b3fa8dfbade2e10a>:0
at EAFFOPJKCKC.DFBMFJBJJAI (System.IntPtr MDMHFAEJKAB) [0x00010] in <ea5eb1f67ac14365b3fa8dfbade2e10a>:0

Gubbelguu
July 1st, 2020, 13:25
at SharpFont.Interpreter.Execute (SharpFont.Interpreter+InstructionStream stream, System.Boolean inFunction, System.Boolean allowFunctionDefs) [0x00dd0] in <ac65155129f34c758c36ea328682c6c3>:0
at SharpFont.Interpreter.Execute (SharpFont.Interpreter+InstructionStream stream, System.Boolean inFunction, System.Boolean allowFunctionDefs) [0x00dd0] in <ac65155129f34c758c36ea328682c6c3>:0

CJR
July 1st, 2020, 13:34
How odd! I am running three campaigns with it without too many issues though the spell total.calculations for sponts are going wrong and the bonus box in spell listings does not work.

Try logging back in again that often fixes glitches like this for some reason?

Gubbelguu
July 1st, 2020, 13:39
Sadly this does not work. I had a player joining the game today and she also had this problems. The FGC-Version runs fine, but we need to switch because of connectivity problems (IPv6 is a pain).

CJR
July 1st, 2020, 13:46
I'm using FGU (games Avalon Autumn, Wychwood Spring and Waldenhavn Winter - could not get a fourth weekly group but running three covenants in same saga set in Stonehenge Tribunal 1189). It did not work at all initially but the good people here fixec it to work on Unity. Let me log on and try. Are you using latest More Core version?

Gubbelguu
July 1st, 2020, 13:51
Yeah, i downloaded MoreCore just half an hour ago, just to make sure.

I opened the campaign (Ars Magica Test, GM-Name: Gubbelguu). Feel free to join!

CJR
July 1st, 2020, 14:25
I have tried but won't let me. Have you run update? There was no notification but a major FGU update just now?

Naurthoron
July 1st, 2020, 14:29
I have no issue on my side even with MoreCore 1.59. Are you sure you did not activate any other extension?

Gubbelguu
July 1st, 2020, 14:36
There is no other extension available to me when opening the MoreCore ruleset so... No, there are no other extensions currently running.

Naurthoron
July 1st, 2020, 14:39
strange

CJR
July 1st, 2020, 16:10
While we are addressing issues with it

1. Spontaneous and Spontaneous without fatiguing totals are calculating wrong somehow. The first is die+tech+form+sta/2 and the second is same total /5. It seems to end up one lower each time not sure why when you make a die roll, even before rounding (which I believe should be up?)

2. The bonus box in the spell section when you add a spell details does not add to casting total as should, which is a shame as this is easiest way to add Magical Focuses and Talismans etc?

Anyone able to help with these?

CJ x

Ravnos de Flambeau
July 1st, 2020, 22:15
I'm not having any issue as far. The only problem i see calculating the Spontaneous fatiguing is that it doesn't consider the rolled dice (stress or not stress die) only the casting total. The bonus never worked but you can add the value as a remainder. But after everything is not an official ruleset and you can play perfectly

superteddy57
July 2nd, 2020, 06:27
I am sorry you are running into issues with the extension, but there is no plan to resolve them at this time. If anyone wishes to take over the project, then please PM me and we can discuss the next steps.

lbkoerich
September 8th, 2020, 15:30
Wow!!! Thank you very much!! This is so great!!!

subcon
December 8th, 2020, 14:37
Just tried to install ruleset.
Put the .pak rules into rulesets folder but get this in the log on opening
[ERROR] Ruleset Info Load (ArsMagica): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 2, position 3.

Any ideas?

Also what is the extension for that's at the end of the post?

Thanks for all your time in putting this together.

Neil

superteddy57
December 8th, 2020, 15:16
This needs to be used in conjunction with the MoreCore ruleset (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset). The file downloaded from there would need to be placed in your rulesets folder and the extension file would need to be placed in your extensions folder. I unfortunately don't have plans on updating this extension for FGU and have not tested it on FGU. I am sorry if this gives an issue and inconvenience.

Naurthoron
December 9th, 2020, 19:11
Just tried to install ruleset.
Put the .pak rules into rulesets folder but get this in the log on opening
[ERROR] Ruleset Info Load (ArsMagica): An XML comment cannot contain '--', and '-' cannot be the last character. Line 2, position 3.

Any ideas?

Also what is the extension for that's at the end of the post?

Thanks for all your time in putting this together.

Neil

Are you sure you are using the latest version? I did correct these errors to make it work with FGU and superteddy57 placed it on the first post.

Teotimus
December 9th, 2020, 19:22
By the way, any chance of making the “Bonus” box work? I can’t think of any other way to include Foci (or Puissant Arts) in rolls...

superteddy57
December 9th, 2020, 19:30
I am sorry, but I had to cease working on this due to my employment with Smiteworks. They allowed me to keep these projects up for continued use or the opportunity of someone taking them over. I am unable to continue work on this project unless it is going to be in an official capacity.

subcon
December 11th, 2020, 17:36
Are you sure you are using the latest version? I did correct these errors to make it work with FGU and superteddy57 placed it on the first post.

Thanks for the reply.
Yep page is dated Dec 5 2020. Tried reinstalling a couple of times

subcon
December 11th, 2020, 17:36
Great thanks.

Naurthoron
December 11th, 2020, 17:58
Thanks for the reply.
Yep page is dated Dec 5 2020. Tried reinstalling a couple of times

It is not a PAK file, it is an EXT file located in the 1st post here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46311-Ars-Magica-5e-MoreCore-Extension&p=411977&viewfull=1#post411977.

You need to run Morecore as a ruleset and use this extension.
I have double-checked the error has been corrected in this version and works with FGU.

CJR
February 21st, 2021, 20:12
Evening, all the buttons on the right are no longer working. Worked fine till Friday, now we can't get in to any of the Ars campaigns?

superteddy57
February 21st, 2021, 20:16
There has been a major architecture change that affected all rulesets and each ruleset needed updates. I would check to see if MoreCore has received a similar update and download that from it's thread. If this still does not resolve the issue, then the extension would need an update and unfortunately it's not being maintained anymore.

CJR
February 21st, 2021, 20:29
MoreCore has been updated. :)

CJR
August 25th, 2021, 17:05
Another major update: time to check for another MoreCore update!

CJR
July 29th, 2022, 16:41
I notice everything has stopped working again so off to check for latest MoreCore update! :)

CJR
July 29th, 2022, 17:05
See next message

CJR
July 29th, 2022, 17:05
OK I'm getting this on loading

When I try and roll a combat die from weapon this occurs

These problems are recent. anyone else?

CJ x

damned
July 30th, 2022, 06:02
As Dom is not maintaining anymore Ill try and have a look at it last this wekend.

CJR
August 11th, 2022, 18:37
Would it be possible for a volunteer to take over maintenance? We used it for our five covenant saga for two years but now it is just horribly broken. I'm hosting the annual Ars Magica conference Grand Tribunal tomorrow and would like to be able to have some positive news :). Or are we just all failing to update MoreCore correctly now it is on the Forge?

superteddy57
August 11th, 2022, 19:30
I'm am very happy to pass this project along to anyone that wishes to take it over. I provided this offer to my other extensions as well when I was hired many years ago. I'm just not able to work on it as it could be seen as official support for something we don't have a license for at the moment. So if anyone would like to take this over, I would be happy to see it receive some love.

damned
August 12th, 2022, 05:19
Ill see if I can fit it in. No promises...

Oberoten
August 12th, 2022, 07:32
Evening, all the buttons on the right are no longer working. Worked fine till Friday, now we can't get in to any of the Ars campaigns?

One alternative could be finding an older unupdated version of the morecore and core rpg files. You may lose some bells and whistles but it is likely to get rid of the errors in a far easier way than updating the ruleset. If you go this path change the names of the older corerpg and morecore so they are not overwritten and then point the ruleset at them as the base instead of core and morecore.

damned
August 12th, 2022, 07:41
This wont work because some of the changes are driven by engine updates.

damned
August 12th, 2022, 13:37
Please post the errors you are seeing and what I need to do to recreate them please

damned
August 12th, 2022, 14:17
v2.4 uploaded with new fixes
See first post for the updated file.

viresanimi
August 13th, 2022, 07:31
I am so happy that this is brought to a working state. It is really a great great roleplaying game that needs more love.

I have had a look at the current vesion, and so far I have seen zero error messages. But there are a couple of things that don't work or was never implemented. I can't remember. Been a while since I looked at it.

I assume that if you equip a weapon in your inventory list, that it should show up on the Weapons list on the main tab (called MoreCore... .perhaps a name change here?), but it does not. Would be a nice thing to have for sure.

I think it was possible to drag / drop anything you made in the Abilities list into Virtues / Flaws sections of the charactersheet. It certainly isn't possible now. However, I would suggest that there would be made specific Virtues and Flaws sections under the Character secion on the right button bar, as these are just as important as skills and spells to flesh out a character.

Other than that, it looks really good.

Thanks for the update Danmed. I feel like Christmass came early this year... and is unsually hot! hee hee

Vires Animi

damned
August 13th, 2022, 11:24
MoreCore pretty much relies exclusively on Rolls for doing most things including weapon attacks. You need to make a Roll for it.
The extension obviously adds new things that can be rolled directly from the Character Sheet but equipping items will not create rolls for you.

viresanimi
August 13th, 2022, 17:05
Hmm... that is interesting.

It does seem to make the weapons category in items completely irrelevant then. There wouldn't be much point in putting the stats into items then; will have to look into seeing if rolls can be linked to items then.

superteddy57
August 13th, 2022, 17:32
It been ages since I've looked this over, and many versions of MoreCore. I remember having weapons and items do something, but with the power of MoreCore rolls, it's easy to over come and just use them instead.

CJR
August 17th, 2022, 01:47
Many thanks to Damned for fixing this! I was able to announce it at the Ars Magica convention Grand Tribunal 2022 and everyone was delighted!

CJ x

CJR
August 17th, 2022, 02:01
There is one more thing that is puzzling me. The Spells module I made (with permission of Atlas Games) no longer works: I just realised why. Under Campaign are the generic MoreCore buttons, but there is no Spells button any more despite having Race/Class/Vehicles. Is that intentional? This is a more general MoreCore thing I guess rather than unique to this extension?

damned
August 17th, 2022, 08:02
How long since you use the Spells Module last?
From memory Spells as a Campaign Tool only existed for about 2 months before (again from memory which is definitely less than guaranteed to be accurate) being depreciated in favour of just using Rolls...

viresanimi
August 17th, 2022, 17:39
I started to work on a module before moving on to Unity and eventually thie extension never worked. Spells ARE there, but just under characters instead of campain. And as far as I can see the spells still work!

Personally I can't find a single use for Rolls in this extension. They seem like a generic thing you'd want in MoreCore, but has no use in a specific ruleset, like this is. Don't get me wrong. They are quite useful if you have to make your own stuff (I played Vampire before the official ruleset came out), but try introduce them into D&D 5e and tell people: "Do it yourselves". heh... I don't think that will go over well.

Anyhoo. Check again under character and see if you stuff is there!

superteddy57
August 17th, 2022, 19:00
Please remember this extension is over 4 years old and not much has been done to it since the release of Unity and all those very nice updates to both CoreRPG and MoreCore. This certainly needs a new fresh coat of paint and a walk through by the building inspector. Rolls are certainly a way to go and might be the best course of action to fill in the gaps missing. It's still one of the shining star features of MoreCore. So I wouldn't dismiss them very much as they could be useful in a pinch.