PDA

View Full Version : Unidentified Items driving me mad!

Sgain
October 28th, 2018, 03:03
I've noticed that now I have to ID everything for my players. I can't find the option to turn it off and it's making me crazy! Where did it go?

Zacchaeus
October 28th, 2018, 04:04
It was removed. All items now default to an identified state unless they are specifically set to not identified. I’m assuming that your source has the items specifically unidentified.

Sgain
October 28th, 2018, 23:48
Gah! you know how much of a pain in the butt this is when you have 5+ players who take stuff out of the party sheet and then it turns unidentified? It's a nightmare. Is there some way I can disable this at all? Oh and these are things that I have put into the items and they are identified.

Trenloe
October 28th, 2018, 23:52
Gah! you know how much of a pain in the butt this is when you have 5+ players who take stuff out of the party sheet and then it turns unidentified? It's a nightmare. Is there some way I can disable this at all? Oh and these are things that I have put into the items and they are identified.
Sounds like this could be an issue rather than expected behavior.

Please type /ver in the chat window and post a screenshot of the whole chat window here.

esmdev
October 28th, 2018, 23:56

Are these items coming out of a pre-generated modules (if yes, which one)?

Trenloe
October 29th, 2018, 00:08
I can recreate the issue - just using adventuring gear from the "SW Deluxe Player Guide" module.

1) Enable the "Party: Show inventory to clients" campaign option.
2) Drag a few "Adventuring Gear" items to the "Parcel Items" section of the Party Sheet -> Inventory.
3) The players will see these items - and their details, because at this point they are identified.
4) As a player - drag an item from the Party Sheet -> Parcel items and drop on a PC inventory - the item appears as unidentified in the PC inventory.

Ikael
October 29th, 2018, 08:04
Thank you for detailed steps how to reproduce this. I will take a look at it, hopefully today.

rodney418
October 29th, 2018, 11:08
I am getting the same issue with any items in player inventory that were dragged in from the Fantasy Companion. They are all now listed as Unidentified Item, even though in previous games they were in the same inventory and were listed correctly.

Ikael
October 29th, 2018, 22:12
The issue was patched and suggested for upcoming maintenance update. Thanks for the report

Ikael
October 30th, 2018, 20:51
Fix is available via FG Updater: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46331-Release-Updates-on-October-30-2018&p=412203&viewfull=1#post412203

Sgain
November 2nd, 2018, 02:04
thanks guys for fixing this, been too busy to check back.

ProfDogg
November 19th, 2018, 23:39
I noticed it did this in the East Texas University mods using the pre-generated PCs for things like "Cell Phones, "Laptops", etc.

Mortar
November 20th, 2018, 15:52
Which ETU modules did you have opened?

ProfDogg
November 20th, 2018, 23:45
This was for my Halloween game so let's see: Main SW corebook (GM and Players), ETU Main book, Horror Companion, ETU Dean's List, Adventure Deck, and ETU Archetypes...

ProfDogg
November 20th, 2018, 23:48
And of course now I can't duplicate it... Was there a fix pushed out in the last bit since the holiday?

Moon Wizard
November 21st, 2018, 01:41
There was a weekly fix update on something similar a few weeks ago by Ikael for the Savage Worlds ruleset. Perhaps that's what you saw previously?

JPG