PDA

View Full Version : waiting for licence

MrHelar
October 27th, 2018, 21:39
I just bought an Ultimate Subscription, everything seemed to be fine. noticed in the text "If you don't see an email within 10 minutes of completing your purchase on Paypal, you can check the website here by visiting Store | Order History to retrieve your key." Waited the 10 mins,no email and nothing in order history. I did not use the paypal option. I do However have a bank transaction completed from "PAYPAL *SMITEW " So, per the statement "If you encounter any problems, please contact [email protected] by e-mail" I have sent an email and now am waiting for that reply as well. (used the same email I put in when buying)

How long is turnaround and is this a thing that happens? I held off on jumping into this and not sure what to do atm. Was hoping to be world building at this point in time.

Thanks in advanced for any help.

Zacchaeus
October 27th, 2018, 21:56
It kind of depends on how busy the support team is and the time of day since they are in the states.

You should be able to view your license key from the store (if you bought from the store). Go to the store page, click on the store button at the top and then on purchase history. Click the date on the license line to get your key.

Also check that the email didn't go to trash

Trenloe
October 27th, 2018, 22:00
Welcome to the FG forums.

SmiteWorks rely on getting the approval from PayPal before they can issue a license - so, maybe that is just taking longer than usual. If you haven't already, check your email address tied to the PayPal account used for the subscription. As you bought a subscription, rather than a permanent license, the payments etc. are all handled by PayPal and tied to your email address used for PayPal. PayPal might just be taking a bit longer than normal - it's usually pretty quick.

You will get the license, don't worry, sending the email to support is the best way as only they can check the systems to verify everything. It is the weekend, but within US "awake" hours, so hopefully they'll pick this up and respond to you soon.

MrHelar
October 27th, 2018, 22:23
First, thank you for the replies. It is helping my anxiety/ frustration. A few things to add.

When buying you have the option to use your card or a paypal acct. I oped to just use my card. My bank statement shows a purchase as listed in op. I dug through and did find i had a paypal acct but this shows no activity as it should not since i did not "use it" to purchase. Also, i have been checking my spam/trash folder every time i check my email. I have looked in purchase history and nothing is there and the cart and when going to the cart i get an error. New development, I noticed that when i bought it the first time that afterword i whent to go set up and account while i was waiting. after loging out and in and trying a few things i noticed that you need to be logged in to do so. I am not sure how this happened but, that is what i am currently working on. The only thing that I can go off of atm is my bank statement and seem that (maybe) somehow i may have been logged in already with an account. looking for maybe a paypal side of things to track my transaction.

Zacchaeus
October 27th, 2018, 22:28
As Trenloe says even if you used your credit card all subscriptions go through PayPal. So the email you will get with your license will be come in an email address that you use for PayPal.

Trenloe
October 27th, 2018, 22:28
To clarify - you did a one time license purchase, not a monthly subscription? I was confused by you mentioning "ultimate subscription" in your first post - as subscriptions have to be done through PayPal.

I’d wait for the FG support staff to look into this for you. But, if you told them in your email that you purchased a subscription, and you didn’t, I’d send a follow up email to clarify - it will get them on the right track quicker...

MrHelar
October 27th, 2018, 22:41
update. I have revived an email and am no longer panicking. I was completely at fault due to misspelling my email. thanks all.

Zacchaeus
October 27th, 2018, 22:52
Ah, jolly good.