PDA

View Full Version : Round Counter

tdwyer11b
July 14th, 2006, 07:25
Started working on a round counter, here's a screenshot with the icon in place (the little hourglass). Other than being able to adjust the current round, anyone have any ideas or suggestions for what functionality this thing should have?

https://img83.imageshack.us/img83/8416/screenshot00068zp.png

tdwyer11b
July 14th, 2006, 09:51
AHH!! Looks like you beat me to this idea already Cantstanzya. :D Well, I have it pulling up a frame and the numbercontrols working, but would rather use something like a multistate control instead (dunno if thats workable). Sounds like you worked yours into the character sheet though.

Cantstanzya
July 14th, 2006, 17:29
Yes, I did start to work on this but figured I would be able to do so much more with it when 1.06 comes out.

Craw
July 14th, 2006, 18:24
Other than being able to adjust the current round, anyone have any ideas or suggestions for what functionality this thing should have?

It should track the number of rounds since the start of battle, the initiative, HP, Name, Wounds and conditions of all entries in the combat tracker, it should save the positions of all tokens on the map as well as the current mask layer. It should automatically replace all of those on a restart. It should also keep a backup of all the phone numbers in your cellphone and the location of all product warranties you own. And it should create gasoline.

Stormonu
July 14th, 2006, 19:47
I'd like to see it do a spell duration/effect countdown. That would probably also require a modification to the combat tracker to make it work 100%.

Spell Duration countdown: on the combat tracker, drag a spell onto a character. The tracker makes a note of what round it starts, and you can either input the number of rounds it lasts or it is dragged in when you pull the spell. Use the hourglass to increment rounds and once a spell is no longer active, it becomes grayed out.

The hourglass should be able to allow you to increment rounds, turns, minutes, hours, days, whatever with a click.

Snikle
July 15th, 2006, 02:16
It should also keep a backup of all the phone numbers in your cellphone and the location of all product warranties you own. And it should create gasoline.

LOL I love you Craw, always bring a smile to face.