PDA

View Full Version : Wow amazingly successful Savage Worlds new edition Kickstarter

Varsuuk
October 25th, 2018, 03:16
From $15K goal, they are at like $285K and blowing through Stretch Goals all the way through.

https://bit.ly/SWADE_KS

LordEntrails
October 25th, 2018, 05:30
Impressive. More so since in several places they say something to the effect, if you just want the pdf/book, then just wait until it comes out and buy it cheaper (without the stretch goals) then.

Varsuuk
November 5th, 2018, 23:30
Yup, if you just want the book it will be $10 less. However the various physical stretch goals imo make it well worth it.

I went with boxed set as it will be my RPG Xmas gift to myself this year. No idea if will be able to play it in person vs FG, but hoping to. I went with the boxed set (excited Adventure card goal at $400K. At least can be gotten as add on for $15 in any event. Hope as good quality as last once since those were like $24)

If I see interest before closes may upgrade to Coll Box since for $10 more than another regular book, I get Collectors Edition second book.

Only
Days
Left ;)

GavinRuneblade
November 7th, 2018, 03:35
That's pretty cool. I hope they make more stretch goals. Nice to see a quality product get supported.

Varsuuk
November 12th, 2018, 23:39
Update, they are already at $428K and counting with 2 days left.

They added more stretches, including one for breaking the record of any of their KS at: $438,077: Record Breaker! (Rifts SW) and if get to $440K they are including Deadlands Marshall and Posse pdfs (rule settings)

Great amount of addons and extras!

rob2e
November 13th, 2018, 06:47
Waiting for the FG mod, which isn't part of the KS.

Varsuuk
November 13th, 2018, 16:35
Yeah, for current Savage Worlds, I have the FG Mod of course, but I use PDFs for reading. With the new edition, I will have a pair of SaWa hardcovers plus PDFs plus all the pretty physical action, adventure, gear, bennies, dice, templates, adventures, etc.

Some of which (the books) I will use with FG, the rest is for local play. plus pretty things to hold and play with ;)

It’s now at $457K of max last final stretch goal at $460K which is well past their previous record of 438K. The last few stretch goals included Deadlands Marshal, Posse, Hell on Earth, Deadlands Noir, tons of samplers of various Settings, adventures, GM inserts, bookmarks, map packs etc.

Just a great way to dive into the system for someone like me who has only FG adventures (Deadlands), Adventure Cards and some pdfs for rules and War of the Dead (also duplicated in FG)

34 hours to go.

Ampersandrew
November 13th, 2018, 17:05
I backed them for the digital level.

I would like some of the physical add-ons, but I'm not spending an extra 60–70 dollars just for the privilege of adding them on. I might pick them up later.

Razortide
November 14th, 2018, 14:32
Ampersandrew: Will do the same. There will be the pledge manager afterwards where I want to pickup the essentials set :-)

Varsuuk
November 14th, 2018, 18:14
It’s crazy the amount of stretches they offered including many physical in the Essentials boxed set.

Anyhow looks like they will top half a million on that KS.

Looking forward to an FG KS ;) for the new version.

ProNobis
November 15th, 2018, 02:57
Just as long as they get Doug to stamp off on it before they begin. Smitework's Eula says that any "commercial" release requires a license. Pretty sure Doug has defined commercial as "pay to get a copy" (if I remember that correctly?) so kick-starter would fall into that.

Varsuuk
November 15th, 2018, 03:19
I’m sorry, I’m not the clearest writer at times (and the award for “Understatement of the Day, Forum or Social Media Post goes to... ... Varsuuk! Accepting for Varsuuk is....) oh yeah, where was
i?

I meant I can’t wait for Fantasy Grounds revamped Unity release when they finally Kickstart that (I’m not on forums much now so not sure if KS is still the expectation, but if it is - looking forward to backing it.)

LordEntrails
November 15th, 2018, 03:49
I meant I can’t wait for Fantasy Grounds revamped Unity release when they finally Kickstart that (I’m not on forums much now so not sure if KS is still the expectation, but if it is - looking forward to backing it.)
Actually it still is. Doug just gave some more insight on the thoughts right now;
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22089-Fantasy-Grounds-Unity-engine&p=414184&viewfull=1#post414184