PDA

View Full Version : The Demo Module

Syrillion
July 14th, 2006, 04:49
I'd like to try it out, but is there anyway to view the content of the module outside of FG? Little confusing when you are just starting...

Griogre
July 14th, 2006, 16:57
It's not clear exactly what you are talking about. If you have the full version of FG then when you install you either have an option to install the demo module or the installer does it automatically - I forget which.

If you are talking about viewing the xml in the FG Demo. The FG Demo doesn't expose the xml so you can see it.

John_Geeshu
July 14th, 2006, 19:48
I think he's asking can he look at the module that comes with the demo; the one with the cube of faces on it, and the church, and golem, and the goblin mines, etc, outside of the program. Don't know the answer to that one.

Griogre
July 15th, 2006, 00:25
I think he's asking can he look at the module that comes with the demo; the one with the cube of faces on it, and the church, and golem, and the goblin mines, etc, outside of the program. Don't know the answer to that one.
Yeah, I had that module after I installed the full version of Fantasy Grounds. I'm just not sure if it showed up because I told it to install the sample ruleset or some other thing or whether it just does it automatically.

Syrillon, there is also the free Wizard's Amulet module you can download to look at.

Syrillion
July 15th, 2006, 04:22
Thanks, all. I just read through the module inside the game. Just when I was thinking it was much longer than I wanted to read inside the toolset, I saw it was ending. We have our trial tonight to see if we like it and then we will probably buy it. By the way, those of you that own licenses, do you just buy one full version and a bunch of lites? Or do you buy a full for everyone that might want to GM?

Sigurd
July 15th, 2006, 15:37
You may of course do as you wish.

You need a full Server License and a number of clients to play.
If you are _always_ going to be the DM then buy the bulk pack with a few clients and a server license.
If you want to be able to share the DM role. If you don't fancy being told "well you have the software - you must be the dm" make sure other people buy the full version.

People buying the full version get everything from the players version and then some. My local friends and myself all bought the full version.

my 0.02

S