PDA

View Full Version : [LFP] 2 Spots Open for Storm King's Thunder (Every other Tuesday)

tstory30
October 24th, 2018, 20:41
FG License: GM has Ultimate so only need Demo version
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: Eastern Daylight Time
Day of week and time: Tuesdays starting at 9pm sharp
Start date: 10/30
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3 hour sessions every other week
Term: We are going to finish this adventure. If everyone wants to continue on, we can start over and play a different adventure.

Text or Voice: Voice only but can use Text when speaking in other languages (i.e. Elven, Dwarven, etc).
Voice software used: Discord server
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? Yes, will be live-streamed on Twitch
If so, do you want webcam video from players or not? No webcam needed.

Roleplay & Combat mix: I try to make it 75/25 roleplay over combat but this is a premade adventure so can't always guarantee it.
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 2 players confirmed and need two more.
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level characters with PHB equipment
Character restrictions: Any official races, classes, subclasses, and backgrounds are allowed except the Kenku and flying races (like Aarakocra). You can also use Matt Mercer's Blood Hunter or Witch Hunter class.

Details of your scenario: The Savage Frontier (also known as the North) is a cold, rugged, sparsely populated land of snow-capped mountains, rocky hills, sprawling forests, and foggy vales. Isolated strongholds, ancient burial mounds, and the ruins of many forgotten empires dot this vast landscape. Bounded by the Sea of Swords to the west and the desert of Anauroch to the east, the Savage Frontier extends as far north as Icewind Dale and as far south as the town of Daggerford. Old roads stretch across this great expanse, linking the dwarven strongholds and mines in the mountains to the coastal settlements, frontier towns, and fortified outposts of humans and other folk. These roads are long, lonely, or poorly defended, making them dangerous to traverse. In fertile valleys, towns and cities have sprung up, separated by dozens if not hundreds of miles of untamed wilderness haunted by bandits, barbarians, and monsters.

Evil dragons stirred into action by their dark queen, Tiamat, threatened the settlements of the Savage Frontier for a time. Ultimately, they were defeated and forced to withdraw to their lairs, while Tiamat was banished to the Nine Hells. Fear of the dragons' wrath has faded quickly with the coming of a new threat: giants. The peoples of the North are no strangers to giant incursions. Frost giants have long claimed the Spine of the World as their demesne, and hill giants are known to scrounge for food in the untamed hills. But now, in the past couple of months, giants of every kind have emerged from their strongholds in force to threaten civilization as never before-and not just frost giants and hill giants, but also stone giants, fire giants, and cloud giants. All of the giants are in an uproar. Reports of giant attacks throughout the North have reached the coastal cities of Luskan, Neverwinter, and Waterdeep, stoking fears that the giants are waging war against humans, dwarves, elves, and other small folk.

What do you expect from players as a GM? Be on time and ready to play (I will give a small XP bonus for it). Try to limit the OOC chatter as we are streaming and want to get through as much as we can in the 3-hour sessions. Concentrate on the game (you came to play Dungeons & Dragons, not another game at the same time)

What do you not want? I can handle most people but try to keep the foul language to a minimum. If there is any problem with the game (i.e. boring, not enjoying, etc.), please inform the GM. We will find a good solution

Any warnings or disclaimers you feel will help attract the right players and weed out the ones that you feel will not fit or be fun in this game: I do have some house rules like +2 for flanking and will be using a custom standard array for PC building.

CaseyACK
October 24th, 2018, 23:09
Hey, me and my friend are interested.

space cow
October 24th, 2018, 23:30
hey im looking for a game and have wanted to play skt for a while now

zarzgalom
October 25th, 2018, 01:56
I'd be interested in this. Sent a PM.

tstory30
October 25th, 2018, 02:02
Spots filled