PDA

View Full Version : A new Feature Suggestion / Feature Feedback Forum?

joeru
July 13th, 2006, 18:53
To substantiate the principle of Ramza Tyr's post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=30106#post30106

In short, he wanted to say out loud that he did not find the feature suggested in the thread important enough that resources be committed to it in an amount that would detract from the development of other features.

As for my idea; a forum for feature suggestions (only), where people could post their suggestion, with a possibility for each poster to give a rating on its importance to them (via a simple standardized poll, perhaps).

Perhaps something similar for feature feedback and a bug tracker. (SourceForge like features, basically.)

-- joeru

PS. Now, to let the voting start on whether the devs should devote time to these.

lunatis
July 14th, 2006, 09:38
I second this idea. I don't find any of the forums available (Armory, Workshop, etc.) appropriate for the discussion of features, but nevertheless I believe there is a real need for this. It could be something like the "Laboratory", in which the future development of FG could be discussed (from the perspective of the community) as opposed to the Workshop, in which the current state of development is being discussed. I don't see a need for rating of feature/development suggestions, as it is completely up to the developers of FG anyways to decide on the importance and feasibility of the suggestions.