PDA

View Full Version : Lots of new blood

GunnarGreybeard
October 23rd, 2018, 23:25
Is it just me or does it seem like there are a lot of new players showing up lately (and I am not talking about converts from Roll20)? Maybe I need to block out some time and try running another game, finally put this fine Savage Worlds ruleset to use. :)

Maasq
October 24th, 2018, 00:04
Oh, you should. The world needs more GMs.
I've heard lots of good things about Savage Worlds. If I ever finish Engineer Suite, SW would be the next ruleset I'd code for I think.

GunnarGreybeard
October 24th, 2018, 00:09
Oh, you should. The world needs more GMs.
I always think about going with D&D for a game, back to my roots from 'way, way back', but 5e it just doesn't hold the excitement spark for very long like back in the day with 1e AD&D and earlier.

LordEntrails
October 24th, 2018, 00:28
New folks showing up every day. Fire up a game and show a few of them Old School!

(Or anything really, I'm always for more GMing!)

Mortar
October 24th, 2018, 13:59
I always think about going with D&D for a game, back to my roots from 'way, way back', but 5e it just doesn't hold the excitement spark for very long like back in the day with 1e AD&D and earlier.

Castles and Crusades for the win!

Targas
October 24th, 2018, 14:07
Castles and Crusades for the win!
...and I thought you were referring to 13th Age for the win. ;)

dulux-oz
October 24th, 2018, 14:34
Fire up a game and show a few of them Old School!

That's easy! You want Old School? Come on over to Uncle Dulux's. We've got Star Frontiers (c1986) and Deadlands Classic (c1996) every weekend on alternate weekends - and we can still fit in another player or two in each of those if people want in.

Or check out the Star Frontiers games on Twitch and YouTube - and the Deadlands games are coming Soon(TM) :p

GunnarGreybeard
October 24th, 2018, 15:07
We've got Star Frontiers (c1986)
Now there's a blast from the past :rv:

lostsanityreturned
October 24th, 2018, 15:41

I would advise making a couple of minor changes and running it like you would have run 1e (sans leveling via gold of course) I have found a lot of my issues with modern D&D (3e onward) were as much to do with the tonality of play as with the mechanical side of things.

Mortar
October 24th, 2018, 16:55
...and I thought you were referring to 13th Age for the win. ;)

I have never even looked at any 13th Age material. :(

Yes the number of new people in the forums and discord is awesome! 3 of the 5 players that have signed up for my C&C campaign are new to FG - all having created accounts since July.