PDA

View Full Version : Clicking on Skill Checks D&D5e

mhorgunn
October 22nd, 2018, 15:14
I have one player who has consistently had problems clicking on any skill checks or saves on his character sheet. I have no problems from my end ... nor is anyone else in our group experiencing this problem. He has about an 80 % fail rate. He has tried replacing the mouse. Same outcome. We have tried finding a sweet spot without ant luck. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Trenloe
October 22nd, 2018, 15:30
No idea. Could you ask the player to do a short little video showing the issue?

Zacchaeus
October 22nd, 2018, 16:13
Obvious I know but he is clicking on the 'Total' column and only once the pointer has changed to a hand icon?

GarthGiantbane
October 22nd, 2018, 16:35
As a work-around, the player could try dragging the skill roll to a hotbar slot. You can tell you have te roll when the dice attach to the mouse for dragging.

Hope this helps.

esmdev
October 22nd, 2018, 17:48
I have one player who has consistently had problems clicking on any skill checks or saves on his character sheet. I have no problems from my end ... nor is anyone else in our group experiencing this problem. He has about an 80 % fail rate. He has tried replacing the mouse. Same outcome. We have tried finding a sweet spot without ant luck. Any thoughts? Thanks!

My group has had periodic problems with clicking various roll boxes. We found that the most reliable solution is to drag the box (skill total in this case) into the chat window to make a roll rather than click or double click the box. It seems to provide us with consistent rolling without having to worry about accidentally double rolling or not rolling at all, etc.

Trenloe
October 22nd, 2018, 18:27
The usual functionality is to single click a button and double click a rollable box (usually indicated with a small dice icon in the corner).

LordEntrails
October 22nd, 2018, 18:31
You could also try adjust the mouse sensitivity and the double click speed. It might be that he's moving the mouse a tiny bit in between clicks and therefore it's registering as two single clicks rather than one double click.

Also, some mouse driver you can assign the 4th or 5th mouse button as a double left click. Might make it easier.

mhorgunn
October 26th, 2018, 03:25
My group has had periodic problems with clicking various roll boxes. We found that the most reliable solution is to drag the box (skill total in this case) into the chat window to make a roll rather than click or double click the box. It seems to provide us with consistent rolling without having to worry about accidentally double rolling or not rolling at all, etc.

Used this method in tonight's game ... Many thanks!!! This was a great solution for this player!!! Thank you from all my players for making our game run smoother!!!