PDA

View Full Version : LFP - Planar Piracy: A Planescape Campaign [D&D 5e]

Tsriel
October 22nd, 2018, 10:49
FG License: Ultimate (anyone can play!)
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time (GMT -8)
Day of week and time: Saturdays starting at roughly 1pm
If new game, planned start date: October 27th, 2018
Planned Duration & Frequency: 3-5 hour sessions played bi-weekly
Term: Long Term

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? Recorded

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50 with some adjustments depending on the party.
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 3 players, looking for 1-2 more
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level with starting package gear plus one 1st level feat that you qualify for.
Character restrictions: i.e. Official published races and classes only. (Variant Humans banned.) No Unearthed Arcana or homebrew. Any alignment welcome, but keep in mind that its a team-oriented game.

Details of the campaign: Welcome to Sigil, City of Doors, Gateway to the Multiverse. Many of an adventurer has come and gone through its doors, wandered its streets, mingled with its denizens in search of a multitude of various things for various reasons. All are welcomed in Sigil regardless of race, origin, or creed with one governing edict above all others. Cause no trouble.

The trouble with such a haven city devoid of any means of self-sustainability on its own means that Sigil and its denizens must outsource and fill its needs from the planes beyond. Fresh water is syphoned from the Elemental Plane of Water, minerals are harvested from the Elemental Plane of Earth, air from the Elemental Plane of Air...well, you get the idea. Everything the city needs is taken from other planes.

However, outside of Sigil in the planes beyond is entirely different. You intend to capitalize on that fact. People not only have needs, but wants too. You've heard of a place in Sigil called "The Journey's End", supposedly a run of the mill tavern with a not so run of the mill agenda. This place serves not only the usual tavern fanfare, but also serves as a contractor's hub of sorts, meeting the wants of a prestigious few with the wealth and influcence for it. (Professionals for hire, essentially.) You're hoping to carve out a name for yourself here and retire wealthy in Sigil or perhaps in some backwater plane away from all the chaos.

We're looking for one or two players to replace the ones that sadly chose not to migrate with us from Pathfinder and Roll20. As such, I'd really like to have someone at the table that is familiar with Fantasy Grounds and 5e, although such familiarity in either is not required. We're a mix of people ranging in ages from our early 20s to our mid 30s across international borders too. The core members of our group have been gaming together for about a year now, so we're hoping for someone that will be around for the long haul. We're not afraid to poke fun at some of the more "riskier" topics if it comes up, so those easily offended probably shouldn't apply.

I've been DMing for nearly 20 years, but please note that this is my first serious go at DMing 5e. I will more than likely make mistakes along the way regarding rules and game balance. I strive to make a game that's fun and engaging for all involved. Patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.

If this campaign is something that sounds fun and exciting to you, I want to hear from you! You can post a reply below or contact me via Discord (recommended) @Tsriel#5234

Tsriel
October 22nd, 2018, 11:05
Almost forgot, so far my players have made a:

Taxabi Rogue
Eladrin Bard
Rock Gnome Wizard
Aasimar Hexblade

It'd be really great to get someone tanky for the frontline.

EDIT: Officially added one, but still open to adding one more. Sunday availability would also be a big plus. (Game day may change on occasion due to work. Stupid work and adulting. :cry:)

CuddlyZombie
October 22nd, 2018, 12:29
I'd be interested! I'm not intimately familiar with Sigil slang, though, so I hope it won't be a problem. My discord is CuddlyZombie#6378, hit me up!

edit: oh, you're discord is posted! I missed that! I'll just send you a PM

Genovah
October 22nd, 2018, 18:47
Hello, I would be interested in joining. I sent you a message on Discord. I have a Dwarven Fighter and a Half-Elf Soorcerer ready (just need to roll stats based on your rules).

Tsriel
October 22nd, 2018, 18:59
Closing up the thread for now. I've had more than enough responses to make some tough choices. Thanks everyone for the interest!

shade808
October 23rd, 2018, 04:41
Hello! I would be interested in playing in your session if you still need another player. I can play any class, depending on the needs of the group. My time zone is Hawaii, so I think it would work out well. Please let me know if interested. Thanks!