PDA

View Full Version : CoreRPG Ruleset: Moving a list to another column

BradYounie
October 20th, 2018, 16:01
I just watched a tutorial video showing how to create lists in character sheets for CoreRPG. Looks cool. But when he added his skills, the Skills list automatically moved to a second column on the character sheet. When I do it, it all remains in one column and goes off the page. Obviously, that's useless when your game system has a lot of skills. I want to have a few short lists on one column with the big skill list beside them (see attached img).

How can I get the lists to use the second column?

Moon Wizard
October 21st, 2018, 00:14
Usually, these sections will automatically flow into the next column. Do you happen to be running any extensions (and can try disabling them), or can you try resizing the character sheet? Also, it could just be a limitation of the layout code in the application, since not many sheets you vertical overflow layout (i.e. top-to-bottom, then right), so it doesn't work as well as the standard horizontal overflow layout (i.e. left-to-right, then down)

Regards,
JPG

damned
October 21st, 2018, 03:14
Hola BradYounie

They should definitely auto wrap. and as you have stretched your sheet wider it will add as many columns as will show on the screen.
As an aside - what system are you running and have you tried MoreCore to see if it works for you?

BradYounie
October 21st, 2018, 14:17
I'm running Fudge (well, The Unexplained to be exact). I've tried CoreRPG, which I showed here, MoreCore, Generic, and Base. Those other three are not very generic, as they define specific things that aren't in The Unexplained and limit you on the number of skills and such.

With the CoreRPG that I'm using, I have no extensions or themes. Just the plain, bare CoreRPG.

BradYounie
October 21st, 2018, 14:23
I solved it. All I had to do was create a new character and auto-wrap worked perfectly. Only that one character is broken. It's weird, but I can live with deleting that one sheet and moving on.

BradYounie
October 21st, 2018, 18:02
I solved it. All I had to do was create a new character and auto-wrap worked perfectly. Only that one character is broken. It's weird, but I can live with deleting that one sheet and moving on.

Actually it's more than this. If you ever have a list that is too tall for the window, it will automatically wrap to column one. So, since my game has a big list of skills, I just had to change the others to have titles that are alphabetically after skills to force them to autowrap after skills and to column 2. I could change the names back after that.

Trenloe
October 21st, 2018, 18:31
Actually it's more than this. If you ever have a list that is too tall for the window, it will automatically wrap to column one. So, since my game has a big list of skills, I just had to change the others to have titles that are alphabetically after skills to force them to autowrap after skills and to column 2. I could change the names back after that.
That makes sense. Good detective work! :) And thanks for letting us know...