PDA

View Full Version : Usable with second edition ?

Vackipleur
October 20th, 2018, 11:26
Hi,

I wonder if this ruleset can be useable with Mongoose Traveller 2nd Edition...
I know a new ruleset is in the pipeline but it seems there is currently no ETA and I would like to play to Traveller :D

esmdev
October 20th, 2018, 14:05
Deep down, 2nd edition is mostly a superset of 1st edition. In a lot of ways they are close enough that it is totally possible. It might take some initial work (like changing skills & equipment that are different) and you'll have to pay attention that the automation doesn't do something not consistent with the 2nd edition changes. Otherwise enough of the nuts & bolts of Traveller remain pretty consistent.

Note that the ruleset only covers the core rulebook and not the expansions, so this helps for compatibility. It also does not currently have the starship rules implemented.

Vackipleur
October 22nd, 2018, 04:28
It might take some initial work (like changing skills & equipment that are different)

Thank you for your answer.

But we can create new skills and new equipment?

esmdev
October 22nd, 2018, 05:06
Yeah, like most sheets you can create an empty skill line and fill in the blanks or create an empty equipment object (or clone a similar item) and edit what you want.

GraalOtonami
November 18th, 2018, 19:52
Does anyone have a list of things I'd need to change in order to run this as 2e?