PDA

View Full Version : Deep Roleplayer LF Ongoign Waterdeep Sandbox

Cyberqat
October 19th, 2018, 04:28
Hi!

I am looking for an ongoing sandboxy campaign set in Waterdeep. I have 40 years of RPG experience with a few years now of playing and running 5E.
I am happy to engage in combat but my real love is roleplay and character development. I don't own a FG license yet but woudl buy one for the right game.

I'm happiest in a situation where everyone in the group has their own area of specialization and time in the spotlight. (I tend to play "Face" characters, myself.) I am a cooperative player and generally dislike competition either among players or btw player and DM. Its my belief that RPGs can and shoudl be "positive sum" games where everyone "wins". However I also appreciate a DM who challenges us and dislike "monty haul" campaigns.

The first character I am thinking of playing is a noble warrior of Bahamut built as a skinned Warlock. Backstory is below:

About 10 generations ago (no one is exactly sure), a Gold Dragon in service to the Talons of Justice by the name of Tespah Aurix Arytiss (trans. The Compassionate Gold Warrior alt. The Kind Gold Warrior) walked Toril in human form. He was a knight errant, putting down the predatory and dispensing justice in the name of the King of the North winds with a kind but firm hand. He was so dedicated to his cause that Bahamut himelf caused a longsword to be drawn from the Weave for him. He named the weapon Bahamut's Claw in honor of his Lord's kindness and carried the fabled weapon with him wherever he went.

He arrived at Waterdeep in its early formation not long after Aigheron established the hidden lords. He tarried in Waterdeep, hopeful for its future as a beacon of Justice, and fascinated with the progressive polices of Aigheron.
While there he met and fell in love with a human woman. He settled down and raised a family with her in the Tespah name, quickly rising to a figure of import in the Waterdhavian army thanks to his abilities and skills. But he always remained careful to stay *just* under the radar of powerful mages such as Aigheron who might spot him for what he truly was. When his beloved wife finally passed, as his children were long since grown , he faked his own demise and returned to the Dragons never to take human form again.

In 1372DR he revealed himself in his true form to his family, who all joined to support the Talons as they could during the great Dracorage of 1373DR and the destruction of the Dracorage Mythal. In appreciation of the family's honor and sacrifice, Bahamut blessed the family to carry the Claw, turning the irises of the current family patriarch gold and instructing Tespah Aurix to leave the sword with him . A new wielder for the Claw is born every generation and can be identified by their irises which turn gold on their 18th birthday. That wielder can be either male or female, Bahamut seems to play no favorites, and only he knows how he selects them.

Over time the harsh draconic syllables have softened in the human mouth and the family name has drifted from Tespah to Tesper, but the story and the sword continue to be handed down. The Tespers continue to be a loyal Waterdhavian millitary family, who were awarded a title for their service to the state in the generation just prior to the current one. They are also loyal worshippers of Bahamut, with many of the children displaying talents owing to their mixed blood, and often entering the priesthood as clerics, warriors or both now that Bahamut is a full Toril God.
The wielder for this generation is Beatrix “Trish” Tesper, who has just turned 18.. She has 4 cousins. She sees her older cousin Sandra, the only other woman among them, as somewhat of a role model.

Sandra is about 5 years older then her and is a well respected, very accomplished and rather glamorous Palladin of Bahamut who is also heir to the bloodline’s magical talents and charismatic gifts. Sandra is not the most gifted swordswoman in waterdeep, but she mixes her sword skills with palladin and arcane spell casting in combat to great effect. She’s won many tournaments and, even when she doesn’t win, is a local favorite. Trish hopes to be like her someday. (Cassandra “Sandra” Tesper is my current AL T4 character. Sandra’s brother Tybalt is a T2.)
Background Reasearch:
Linguistics --
Tes - Thy (french)
Pah - Persperctive (albanian)
(Google Translate)
Current FR Date - 1491
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendars_in_the_Forgotten_Realms
Aigheron creates the hidden lords in 1032 DR
https://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/History_of_Waterdeep

Rags of Dragons -- 1373DR
https://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Rage_of_Dragons