PDA

View Full Version : LFP Hoard of the Dragon Queen Tuesdays 10:30am - 1pm CST

RPGDad
October 17th, 2018, 22:35
FG License: Ultimate, players with free demo are fine
Game System: D&D 5e
Time Zone: Central Standard Time
Day of week and time: Tuesdays from 10:30 an to 1pm CST
Planned start date: October 30 - session Zero for the party to introduce themselves and build characters. All characters will be built during this time slot.
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly and will play thru both Hoard of the Dragon Queen and Rise of Tiamat
Term: Once we have finished Tyranny of Dragons we can continue on to other hardcovers.
Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Using Discord - must have Mic or won't be able to play
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? Probably both.
Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50 but that always depends on the group
Number of Players in game & needed: We have 2 and need 3 more
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level, PHB +1 rule to build characters and equipment from class and background
Character restrictions: No munchkins, No evil characters, see below

Details of your scenario:Running the Tyranny of dragons story-line. We will work through Hoard and finish with Rise of Tiamat. Experienced DM. New and inexperienced players are welcome.

As a DM I always lay out the rules of the game and what is allowed at the table (Or VTT as it may be)

Rules of the game:

The DM is always right, even when he isn’t. The rules are there as a guideline and can be broken when story requires it. If a player isn’t happy with a ruling, talk with the DM after the game and don’t waste other players’ time arguing over rules. Rules lawyering will get you removed from the game!

The game will be streamed and recorded.

Build a character that works for the setting we are playing in. If you build an undead hunter and there are no undead, you probably won't have any fun!

No evil characters. That's all I'm going to say about that!

You can use either the array or point buy to build your character. No rolling.

Use players handbook + 1 to build your character. We will have a session 0 in which all characters will be built so everyone in the party can discuss what they want to build and hopefully you will have a well rounded party. Once built, we can start the adventure.

Play your alignment, but don't be a you-know-what about it. That lawful good paladin doesn't have to be the guy who ruins the party because he doesn't believe in drinking. He doesn't have to enforce his will on the party "because that's what my character would do." Honestly enforcing your will on others is the exact opposite of lawful good so let's not do that. How YOU behave reflects your alignment, how others play the game doesn’t.

If you are a holy type character, play your alignment as your god would expect. The way I see it is they give you your powers and if you choose to do the opposite of what their tenets are, you may find yourself unable to cast that heal or turn undead or any other important spell that your party really needs at a pertinent time. Alignment isn’t a suggestion or fluid, it’s the guideline of your belief system as one of these characters. But remember your alignment guides you, not other players.

No min/maxxing of characters. Build a character that is fun to play, but that doesn’t kill the fun for everyone else. If you are able to walk into a room and kill the big bad in one shot, you have probably ruined the game for everyone else at the virtual table so don’t do that!

No telling other players how to play their characters. It’s their character, let them run it the way they want, regardless of how you would do things. Being warned about this more than once will mean you will leave the table.

No murder hobos. Murder hobos are evil and we already know that evil characters aren’t allowed.

The obvious rules that shouldn’t have to be laid out but will be just in case. All of these will result in automatic kicks.

No pvp or party killing. The party gets along, there’s no infighting, threats or intimidation of other characters or players allowed. Doing that will get you removed from the game without a warning.

No sexual harassment of other players or innuendo directed toward them. If you don’t understand that one you probably shouldn’t play. That’s an automatic kick

No role-playing of sex - period! Auto kick!

That’s about it for the rules. If anyone has any questions let me know.

dmccoy1693
October 17th, 2018, 22:58
I'd be open to play. The timing works perfectly for me.

RPGDad
October 17th, 2018, 23:14
Sounds good. If you like we can try and work a time to get in Discord so I can answer any questions. I'm heading out tonight to run our AL session at the FLGS, but would be available tomorrow.

CKFord
October 18th, 2018, 17:51
I am brand new to Fantasy Grounds and have not spent much time in 5E but I am an extremely fast learner. As far as the rules go...I don't know the rules so being a rule lawyer will be no problem and if the GM says thats how it is...welp I don't know any better so thats how it is.

RPGDad
October 18th, 2018, 23:34
I am brand new to Fantasy Grounds and have not spent much time in 5E but I am an extremely fast learner. As far as the rules go...I don't know the rules so being a rule lawyer will be no problem and if the GM says thats how it is...welp I don't know any better so thats how it is.

LOL. Sounds good to me. If the time works, let me know and I'll add you to the list.

We can try to get into Discord with all the prospective players the Tuesday before start so everyone can introduce themselves and any questions can be answered.

Have a great weekend.

Firan
October 19th, 2018, 01:52
I would also be interested RPGDad if you still have a spot open.

Phithis
October 19th, 2018, 02:02
The time would work well for me since the kids will be in school. I'm not sure what I would want to play, but I'm flexible, so I'll try to fill a slot the party needs.

RPGDad
October 19th, 2018, 14:40
I would also be interested RPGDad if you still have a spot open.

Yes, I do have a slot. We will try and get on Next Tuesday @ 10:30am so everyone can get together and discuss the party and introduce themselves.

RPGDad
October 19th, 2018, 14:41
The time would work well for me since the kids will be in school. I'm not sure what I would want to play, but I'm flexible, so I'll try to fill a slot the party needs.

Sounds good. We will get on this coming Tues @ 10:30 am in discord to introduce everyone and talk about party composition.

RPGDad
October 19th, 2018, 14:43
OK so that should fill the party! Everyone who has responded and still wants to play make sure to DM me and confirm and I will send an invite for the discord channel for the game. We will get on this coming Tues at 10:30 am so severyone can introduce themselves and talk about what you are thinking about running as far as characters, play-style etc. Have a great weekend.