PDA

View Full Version : SFS #1-09: Live Exploration Extreme! Sat October 20 @ 6 PM GMT

stephan_
October 17th, 2018, 15:22
Switched to #1-05.

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1-4.

With a new generation of Starfinders already accomplishing great deeds within the Pact Worlds and beyond, First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo is ready to announce the Starfinder Society's next initiative that will define her tenure. The PCs attend a gathering at the Lorespire Complex to socialize with several visiting dignitaries, each instrumental in the Society's survival following the Scoured Stars Incident. Nothing is as it seems, though, and when Radaszam, leader of the Acquisitives faction, uncovers a plot against the First Seeker, the PCs need to step in and ensure the Society's public event doesn't end in disaster!

Content in The First Mandate also contributes to the ongoing goals of the Acquisitives and Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo) factions. Content in this scenario also contributes to the ongoing Year of Scoured Stars storyline

Written by Lyz Liddell.

Starfinder Society Scenario Tags: Faction (Acquisitives), Faction (Second Seekers [Luwazi Elsebo])

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3238), stating which character you'd like to play.

If you apply, make sure you send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet), either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel).

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Other notes:

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Newcomers to SF, SFS and/or FG are welcome.

TheNIRL
October 17th, 2018, 19:16
Dibs!

One question though: is it necessary, or just advised, to have played Claim to Salvation before? Why aren't you doing Claim to Salvation first, and then this one?

Malkavian_Andi
October 17th, 2018, 22:06
Since I have already played and GMed this scenario, I can tell you it's not necessary at all to have played Claim to Salvation. It just grants a little bonus on the chronicle.

He did run Claim to Salvation, but he did so in July.

Another scenario that can grant a nice little bonus during the scenario is "The First Mandate", so if you already played that, you might want to consider using the same character.

TheNIRL
October 17th, 2018, 22:15
Thank you, that was very helpful!

stephan_
October 17th, 2018, 22:52
Well, there's nothing for me to add. :)

stephan_
October 17th, 2018, 23:20
If there are several players that haven't played "The First Mandate" yet I could also run that one instead. The "problem" with Claim to Salvation is that it's a pregen only scenario so usually it's not that popular with players (it's also not really needed for #1-09).

stephan_
October 18th, 2018, 06:13
Currently 4 players so far (2 applied outside of FG). I have no preference between #1-05 The First Mandate and #1-09 Live Exploration Extreme! #1-09 is good but if the players haven't done #1-05 yet, that one is relatively important metaplot-wise.

Due to my regular game probably being canceled I could also do it earlier if there are requests and the other players can still make it.

stephan_
October 18th, 2018, 17:41
Currently 5 players interested.

@players: Do you prefer playing #1-09 or should I run #1-05 instead so you get to meet at least one of the characters before and have the chance to get a small additional boost for #1-09?

chrisnhurd
October 18th, 2018, 18:59
I would have a slight preference for #1-05 if no one else has played that one, but would be happy with either. Unfortunately I have plans earlier in the day so wouldn't want to push the time slot up. Thanks!

stephan_
October 18th, 2018, 20:39
Six spots filled, game would be currently full.

Let me double check with two players but I think none of the players that applied have played #1-05 before, meaning I would give it preference.

That would mean if all goes well next week #1-10 The Half-Alive Streets (as it is more thematically appropriate) and one week after that #1-09.

stephan_
October 18th, 2018, 22:58
Switched to #1-05.

stephan_
October 20th, 2018, 11:07
Game start (#1-05 The First Mandate) in about 8 hours. I'll try to have the server up in around 7.

stephan_
October 20th, 2018, 18:01
The server is up.

stephan_
October 21st, 2018, 00:30
Chronicle drafts have been sent out.

stephan_
October 21st, 2018, 10:09
By the way, while still in a draft phase, you may want to fill out SFS Timezone demand (aka when would players be available?) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46141-SFS-timezone-demand-(aka-when-would-players-be-available-)) and (less important) SFS Scenario demand (aka which scenarios have you already played?) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46139-SFS-Scenario-demand-(aka-which-scenarios-have-you-already-played-)) so I have a better picture when people would be available.

stephan_
October 22nd, 2018, 22:33
I'm currently thinking of running #1-10: The Half-Alive Streets (thematically appropriate) at SUN (28th) 1.30 PM GMT (Attention Europe: End of DST). Just be aware that my schedule will be rather tight that day, so should things go horribly wrong, I would have to somehow readjust on the fly (e.g. delaying or if worst comes to worst canceling the game).

TheNIRL
October 24th, 2018, 20:17
I'm all up for it, have plans Saturday afternoon, so let's do this on Sunday!