PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Heist question

Dugahst
October 17th, 2018, 02:36
Is there a way to share chapter 9: Volo's Waterdeep Enchiridion with the PCs (without sharing the entire book?)

like if I share the link will they be able to use the arrow keys to then move into previous or subsequent chapters?

Halfront
October 17th, 2018, 02:48
I don't know but open a 2nd instance as a Player and you could check it out.

Moon Wizard
October 17th, 2018, 06:47
No, each record would need to be shared individually (unless you made the links shareable too, which they aren't by default). Also, as Halfront mentioned, you can double-check what your players will see by opening a second instance of FG, and connecting to "localhost" as the server address.

Regards,
JPG

Myrdin Potter
October 17th, 2018, 23:28
That chapter really is player content. Probably should have a player module for it so it can be shared without sharing the whole book.

Zacchaeus
October 18th, 2018, 00:51
I’ll have a look at creating a player module after i’ve done with Mad Mage. My feeling was that this was actually GM material but I only read it superficially whilst creating the module.

Myrdin Potter
October 18th, 2018, 01:11
It is entirely public information and meant to be shared with players. WoTC even carved it out and issued it as a PDF as part of this year's extra life:

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/254063/Volos-Waterdeep-Enchiridion-5e

Mazetar
October 18th, 2018, 16:07
yeah, this really should be a public module, seeing as players need this info in order to know what any character in waterdeep would know :)

stephan_
October 18th, 2018, 17:37
A workaround might be to make copies of the story entries and export them as a player module. Not particularly elegant but it might work in the meantime.

Edit: Well, in that case it will unfortunately not work.

Zacchaeus
October 18th, 2018, 17:46
I didn't make story entries for that chapter; it's all in the reference manual.

stephan_
October 18th, 2018, 17:51
Hm, does dragging the reference manual links into a story entry and making all links sharable work though (idea and step-by-step-instruction here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46143-Combining-assets-from-different-paid-FG-modules))?

Zacchaeus
October 18th, 2018, 19:57
Hm, does dragging the reference manual links into a story entry and making all links sharable work though (idea and step-by-step-instruction here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46143-Combining-assets-from-different-paid-FG-modules))?

Yes it would.

Zacchaeus
October 23rd, 2018, 20:26
A players module containing the Enchiridion was released today.

iotech
October 24th, 2018, 04:45
I’ll have a look at creating a player module after i’ve done with Mad Mage. My feeling was that this was actually GM material but I only read it superficially whilst creating the module.

Since this was just released, does that mean you are done with Mad Mage? :cheesy grin:

LordEntrails
October 24th, 2018, 05:01
Since this was just released, does that mean you are done with Mad Mage? :cheesy grin:
Well given that it will be released on November 2nd and after Mr. Z does his stuff it has to go through an approval process, it seems reasonable he's done his part.

But, just because its "drafted", doesn't mean it will be released prior to the official WPN date.

Zacchaeus
October 24th, 2018, 08:58
It means I took a few minutes out to do this so that it would make Tuesday’s update.