PDA

View Full Version : 5e Leather theme for 3.5e/Pathfinder

Kelrugem
October 15th, 2018, 00:50
Hello all :)

I tried as an exercise to make an own theme for my campaign. Since I really like the leather theme, I tried to convert this to 3.5e :) This is okay/allowed, isn't it? Or is the leather theme somehow licensed? If not, then please delete this thread of course :) (and really sorry then)

I attached the files, one file is the complete leather theme (so also the close button and the buttons on the very right) while the other one has still the standard coloured buttons on the right and the skull as a close button (and some other small buttons of the Dungeon theme, especially also the ones in the Combat tracker and the very small buttons on the upper right corner of FG, i.e. the one for party sheet, CT and so on) :)

But it is not finished and I may need some help (if you want to :) ). The windows of the leather theme have often a smaller size, so the close button/skull does not really sit at the upper right corner. Also the colour of the headings is black instead of white as in the leather theme of 5e (but I like both), and some smaller things like the AC number is not really in the middle of the shield and the chat field is not completely in the frame (but only a very little bit at the lower corners). And the pure leather theme does not replace the buttons "Special abilities" and the ones of the DOE extensions :)

Best wishes,

Kelrugem

EDIT: See post #5 for changed mixed theme :) I attached a picture of it :) (the decal is not included)

Moon Wizard
October 15th, 2018, 01:37
The leather theme provided belongs to SmiteWorks. We typically give permission for people to re-use our code and graphics in their FG creations as long as they are made available to the community for free, not sold anywhere, not re-licensed, and not offered outside of Fantasy Grounds. This seems like it fits that criteria.

Cheers,
JPG

Kelrugem
October 15th, 2018, 01:44
Ah oki, thanks for your answer, then I feel released :) I will update this when I was able to solve the small issues mentioned above but I am not sure when I will have done that because I never have done something like this and I have to work a lot at the moment :)

Kelrugem
October 15th, 2018, 19:06
I've now changed the font and the modifier box in the mixed theme :) (to the standard definitions of the leather theme) I tried to change the font in the other theme, too, but somehow it does not work although I try there the same. I also still do not know how to fix the issue with the close buttons :)

Kelrugem
December 10th, 2018, 00:38
Hi all :)

Sadly I do not have much time to work into this, therefore I made a minimal solution (there were still a lot of issues with the fonts etc.) :) I just changed the background, chat panel, the background of the sidebar and the hotkey boxes of the Dungeon Theme to the ones of the Leather theme :) This worked perfectly and by this avoid the issues mentioned before and I got the theme I basically wanted to make. I attach it here :)

Please inform me when there are any issues :)

Have a nice start of the week :)

Best,

Kelrugem

EDIT: I added it to the first post with a picture :)

Dark_Soul
December 22nd, 2018, 03:42
Great job converting this theme. The only thing that sticks out to me is the Special Abilities button isn't reskinned.

Kelrugem
December 22nd, 2018, 05:08
Thank you :) Yes, my knowledge about making themes is sadly not good enough which is the reason why I would suggest the mixed theme, there are gladly no problems :D In the pure leather theme are several problems which I want to fix when I get a better knowledge about this theme stuff :) To the button of "Special Abilities": In 5e there is not such a button which I could take sadly, but I rarily use that button. So you could take it off in the library or you take the mixed themes where all buttons do have the standard non-leather style :)