PDA

View Full Version : 5e Leather theme for 3.5e/Pathfinder

Kelrugem
October 14th, 2018, 23:50
Forge link: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/4/view

EDIT: This theme is now only the mixed theme as described in post #5

Hello all :)

I tried as an exercise to make an own theme for my campaign. Since I really like the leather theme, I tried to convert this to 3.5e :) This is okay/allowed, isn't it? Or is the leather theme somehow licensed? If not, then please delete this thread of course :) (and really sorry then)

I attached the file, it has still the standard coloured buttons on the right and the skull as a close button (and some other small buttons of the Dungeon theme, especially also the ones in the Combat tracker and the very small buttons on the upper right corner of FG, i.e. the one for party sheet, CT and so on) :)

It may not be finished, depending on the ruleset you use it in :)

Best wishes,

Kelrugem

EDIT: See post #5 for changed mixed theme :) I attached a picture of it :) (the decal is not included)

Moon Wizard
October 15th, 2018, 00:37
The leather theme provided belongs to SmiteWorks. We typically give permission for people to re-use our code and graphics in their FG creations as long as they are made available to the community for free, not sold anywhere, not re-licensed, and not offered outside of Fantasy Grounds. This seems like it fits that criteria.

Cheers,
JPG

Kelrugem
October 15th, 2018, 00:44
Ah oki, thanks for your answer, then I feel released :) I will update this when I was able to solve the small issues mentioned above but I am not sure when I will have done that because I never have done something like this and I have to work a lot at the moment :)

Kelrugem
October 15th, 2018, 18:06
I've now changed the font and the modifier box in the mixed theme :) (to the standard definitions of the leather theme) I tried to change the font in the other theme, too, but somehow it does not work although I try there the same. I also still do not know how to fix the issue with the close buttons :)

Kelrugem
December 9th, 2018, 23:38
Hi all :)

Sadly I do not have much time to work into this, therefore I made a minimal solution (there were still a lot of issues with the fonts etc.) :) I just changed the background, chat panel, the background of the sidebar and the hotkey boxes of the Dungeon Theme to the ones of the Leather theme :) This worked perfectly and by this avoid the issues mentioned before and I got the theme I basically wanted to make. I attach it here :)

Please inform me when there are any issues :)

Have a nice start of the week :)

Best,

Kelrugem

EDIT: I added it to the first post with a picture :)

Dark_Soul
December 22nd, 2018, 02:42
Great job converting this theme. The only thing that sticks out to me is the Special Abilities button isn't reskinned.

Kelrugem
December 22nd, 2018, 04:08
Thank you :) Yes, my knowledge about making themes is sadly not good enough which is the reason why I would suggest the mixed theme, there are gladly no problems :D In the pure leather theme are several problems which I want to fix when I get a better knowledge about this theme stuff :) To the button of "Special Abilities": In 5e there is not such a button which I could take sadly, but I rarily use that button. So you could take it off in the library or you take the mixed themes where all buttons do have the standard non-leather style :)

Kelrugem
November 5th, 2020, 22:37
The theme now also works in FGU :) (I hope)

Surge
February 9th, 2021, 19:03
Not at my PC to check at the moment, but would this work for Pathfinder 2e with minimal editing?

Kelrugem
February 9th, 2021, 19:06
Not at my PC to check at the moment, but would this work for Pathfinder 2e with minimal editing?

Should be, I think :) I actually uploaded once the same theme but for PF2 somewhere, maybe this version here already (one just needs to add PF2 as allowed ruleset) :) But not sure whether it fits the aesthetics :D (and I am also not yet sure whether it needs an update after the upcoming big patch)

Kelrugem
July 20th, 2021, 00:00
This extension is now on the forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/4/view :)

Kelrugem
December 15th, 2021, 19:52
With the new update the sidebar got heavily changed :) The sidebar of this extension looks like the dungeon theme and not like the standard 5E leather theme. However, I actually like this style :) But if your prefer the style of the original leather theme, then let me know and I can try to look at adjusting the sidebar :)

Kelrugem
July 7th, 2023, 09:44
In one of the recent patches, FG released a leather theme for CoreRPG based rulesets :) So, I wondered whether I should take my theme off now :) Is there any need for theme now or is it okay if I take my version off? The only distinction is that my theme mixes the leather and dungeon theme, but the main motivation was to have a similar touch like the leather theme. Thus, I am not totally sure whether I should keep mine in the FG forge :D

Kelrugem
August 30th, 2023, 15:55
I have delisted this extension from the forge now :) Thanks to all who were using it :) Since there is now an official leather theme for all rulesets, you can just use that :) (the latest patch introduced also a new theme and changed a lot in the background, so, I may need to update this extension. But I will only do so if there is any desire for this :) )