PDA

View Full Version : Description from String

Oberoten
July 5th, 2006, 14:06
Good afternoon again... As I am still hacking away at the charactersheet for ArsMagica I am encountering a few things I am none too fond of.

The charactersheet holds several blank lines for skills each separated into the stringcontrol <Skillname> which obviously holds the name of the skill on that line, the second one is <Specname> which lets you determine a specialization for the skill. The third is a numbercontrol named "skill" which holds the level of the relevant skill.

Now, this all works nice and well, but I would love to be able to drag just the skill to the modifier box and have it pop up the value... but somehow take the skillname for the same line of skill to be added as it's description.

IE if I drop Dexterity and a skill on the mod-box it will pop up both of these plus the diceroll when I drop the dice.

So far I have little luck to get a description event to take a string from another source... Any of you guys got a good idea on how to solve this?

Toadwart
July 5th, 2006, 20:11
Something like this should work

<stringcontrol name="skill_name_1">
</stringcontrol>

<numbercontrol name="skill_number_1">
<description field="skill_name_1" />
</numbercontrol>

Oberoten
July 5th, 2006, 22:06
The sad part? I took a look-see through the files and found the same functions in the old D20 charcter-sheet. *sigh* I am a moron. But I *DO* have a nice charsheet now. ;)