PDA

View Full Version : Seeking advice... can't decide on a 2nd ASI for my sorcadin (playing tomorrow)...

samcifer
October 11th, 2018, 18:21
So here's what I've gone with:

Race: Fallen Assimar

Total Level: 9 (close to lv. 10)

Classes in order: Divine Soul Sorc 4 / Devotion Pal 5 (will go sorc 5 at lv. 10, then pal 6, then sorc from then on)

Stats: STR: 18 (17 + 1), DEX: 12, CON: 16, INT: 11, WIS: 12, CHA: 20 (18+2)

Speed: 30'

HP: 75

Background: Criminal (prof in Deception and Stealth)

Chosen skills: Intimidation and Persuasion

Starting Equipment: Half-Plate armor. Maul and Glaive (for when I need some reach), +3 Amulet of protection (taken from my previous Druid character who bought it with DM's okay).

ASIs: Sorc 4: GWM, Pal 5: ??? (this is where I need help deciding)

Cantrips (5): Sacred Flame, Thaumaturgy, Booming Blade, Mage Hand, Minor Illusion

Spell slots: L1 - 4, L2 - 3, L3 - 3, L4 - 1

Metamagics: Quicken and Twinned

Fighting Style: Defense (+1 AC)

Spells: Cure Wounds (from Divine Soul feature), Shield, Hold Person, Mirror Image, Spiritual Weapon (might change), and Shatter

At sorc 5, I'm planning on taking Fireball (replacing Shatter and taken for mobs and overwhelming odds) and Spirit Guardians for my new spell.

Prayers (pally spells): Bless, Command, Divine Favor, Shield of Faith, Wrathful Smite, Aid, Find Steed - - From Oath: Protection From Evil and Good, Sanctuary, Lesser Restoration, Zone of Truth

Character concept: Lusts for battle and controlling those who would help to spread the worship of Baphomet, replacing all other religions alongside the other paladin in the group. Skilled in both melee and arcane combat, he will do whatever it takes to make the world Baphomet's to rule . This is an evil campaign, btw, and my alignment is Chaotic Evil.

My issue is not being able to choose a second feat. Ideas I have range from Alert for increased initiative, +2 DEX for more AC, or Polearm Master for a guaranteed way to get a third attack per turn.

Any advice appreciated as we play tomorrow (Friday) and I find myself unable to decide which way to go for my second ASI. Thanks in advance.