PDA

View Full Version : Big Fonts

Octavious
October 11th, 2018, 03:04
hey all, I am looking for a bigger font extension,, I have "Big Fonts" and 11 point font. I would like to get something in between the two.. anything like that out there ??

Thanx for any replies..

damned
October 11th, 2018, 10:44
Crack them open and experiment with various options.

Octavious
October 11th, 2018, 16:09
dang !... didn't think of that.. ill do that tonight .. Thanks damned.

shadzar
October 13th, 2018, 21:05
dont forget you will need the FG Font Converter, if you are ging to make your own font file to use in FG. it can work with TTF files, but it sems to still like FGF font files best.

it is pretty easy to use, and i am sure someone will be able to link you to it or the Fonts section of the wiki or refdocs .

damned
October 13th, 2018, 23:05
TTF fonts are much easier to use. You can use the one font and have multiple sizes defined for it rather than generating multiple FGF files for your different sizes. TTF fonts add some load time as the game engine generates the required FGF fonts on the fly. Either way its a personal preference.

Octavious
October 14th, 2018, 01:27
Thanks for the help everyone ! I opened the big text mod but decided time wise to just leave them alone and use the big fonts , ill mess with them later .. thanks again !

Nick Masotto
May 4th, 2019, 15:49
How do I change the fonts sizes for FG on my MAC?

Gwydion
May 4th, 2019, 16:09
Thanks for the help everyone ! I opened the big text mod but decided time wise to just leave them alone and use the big fonts , ill mess with them later .. thanks again !

You can try this one too.

Zacchaeus
May 4th, 2019, 16:29

You can't change the font size within FG. You can use one of the extensions which will change the font size or you can change the UI scale either in settings or by typing /scaleui x, where x is a number between 50 and 200, in chat and then pressing return.

Now I assume all that works on a Mac the same way it does on a PC.

Trenloe
May 4th, 2019, 16:31
Welcome to the Fantasy Grounds forums.

You download one of he extensions files, put it in your <FG app data>\extensions directory and then activate one of the font extensions when you load a campaign.

Get to <FG app data> by clicking the folder icon in the top right of the main FG launch screen.

See the info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Data_Files_Overview#Extensions

velshandru
November 1st, 2020, 22:17
It does in Mountain Lion through Catalina, all of which I've used.