PDA

View Full Version : SFS #1-07: The Solar Sortie Sat October 13 @ 1 PM GMT

stephan_
October 10th, 2018, 17:17
A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1–4.

When Historia-7, the leader of the Dataphiles faction, uncovers the first hints of a conspiracy operating against the Starfinder Society, the PCs must assist her in uncovering the truth. Sent to a corporate space station orbiting the Pact Worlds' sun, the PCs must earn favor with the hedonist son of a corporate CEO to gain access to the confidential files Historia-7 needs. However, the PCs are stuck in the middle when this corrupt dilettante's proclivities and shady associations emerge to thwart the Starfinders' covert infiltration.

Content in The Solar Sortie also contributes to the ongoing goals of the Dataphiles faction.

Written by Jenny Jarzabski Cary

Starfinder Society Scenario Tags: Faction (Dataphiles), Starship

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3229), stating which character you'd like to play.

If you apply, make sure you send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet), either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel).

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Other notes:

To speed up the session, you might also want to discuss starship roles in advance.

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Newcomers to SF, SFS and/or FG are welcome.

TheNIRL
October 10th, 2018, 19:56
Oooohh, infiltration, you say? Sounds like a job for Veevee the drone! XD

KevenSimmons
October 11th, 2018, 11:50
I'm interested in joining as well. Level 2 Lashunta Technomancer

stephan_
October 11th, 2018, 13:18
Glad to have you.

jakemtl
October 11th, 2018, 18:31
As per Stephan's (The GM's) request that we settle star ship roles prior to the game, I can offer to be either a Science officer with a +4 on Computers or Captain, with a +6 on Bluff and Diplomacy. However you may want to wear your space suits in cabin, as I have a habit of suggesting to cut life support systems in the middle of starship combat in an effort to conserve resources and apply extra boosts to ship offensive and defensive systems. As a player I realize that this is not really a practical thing, but to my character, HuMN, it really always seems like the best logical step to take in the middle of combat to eek out an advantage over the enemy.

KevenSimmons
October 11th, 2018, 22:51
Calumbran xml and last chronicle attached.

Calumbran is a scholar, engineer, and scientist. He is not particularly well-versed in the social graces. For starship roles, Calumbran would be strongest as engineer or science officer (+10 in Computer and Engineering). Pilot would be secondary choice (+6)

stephan_
October 11th, 2018, 23:20
Alright, thanks. Imported.

TheNIRL
October 12th, 2018, 07:08
As per Stephan's (The GM's) request that we settle star ship roles prior to the game, I can offer to be either a Science officer with a +4 on Computers or Captain, with a +6 on Bluff and Diplomacy. However you may want to wear your space suits in cabin, as I have a habit of suggesting to cut life support systems in the middle of starship combat in an effort to conserve resources and apply extra boosts to ship offensive and defensive systems. As a player I realize that this is not really a practical thing, but to my character, HuMN, it really always seems like the best logical step to take in the middle of combat to eek out an advantage over the enemy.

Cassandra's been doing really well as both science officer, and engineer. She is also not very suited to anything else, although she can pilot, in a pinch.

jakemtl
October 12th, 2018, 14:07
OK, it looks like the party will be heavy on Science Officers and Engineers, so I can bring in Golan, a level 2 operative instead of my level 1 envoy. Golan has a +8 in Piloting. Calumbran and Cassandra sound like they would be the best choice for Science Officer and Engineer. Unless we hear otherwise from Wex Theobold, he can be gunner, or just jump into a different role if he is better suited to something else. I can always run the guns if Wex Theobold is a better at being the pilot. I am looking forward to playign through the adventure with you guys!

chrisnhurd
October 12th, 2018, 14:44
Wex could go pilot or gunner (Piloting +7; Gunnery +4). He could also do science officer or engineer, but with two technomancers and a mechanic I think we have a surplus of applicants for those spots!

stephan_
October 12th, 2018, 15:47
I would advise having a gunner. :)

jakemtl
October 12th, 2018, 16:13
OK so it looks like the following for now:

Golan - Pilot
Wex - Gunner
Cassandra - Science Officer
Calumbran - Engineer

I don't mind if any of this is changed, and I can go gunner instead of pilot, so we can jsut use this as a guide to help starship combat get organized faster during our gaming session.

chrisnhurd
October 12th, 2018, 18:10
I can bring in Golan, a level 2 operative instead of my level 1 envoy.

I wouldn't swap him out just for the sake of space combat. Wex is fine at pilot and with all of the science nerds in this party we may want someone with some social skills for the rest of the adventure...

jakemtl
October 12th, 2018, 18:31
I wouldn't swap him out just for the sake of space combat. Wex is fine at pilot and with all of the science nerds in this party we may want someone with some social skills for the rest of the adventure...

I am good with either character. It seems like we are really low level in any case, so I will see which character Stephan recommends I bring. If I go with HuMN, then yes, Wex would be a no-brainer for the pilot and HuMN can man the guns.

stephan_
October 13th, 2018, 13:01
Either would be fine. You should be able to handle Starship Combat.

The server is up.

KevenSimmons
October 13th, 2018, 18:10
I forgot to make a note in FG, but Calumbran will be claiming his tier 1 Dataphiles Digital Presence boon for this mission. Benefit is 1 additional Fame and 1 additional Reputation with the Dataphiles faction.

stephan_
October 14th, 2018, 12:19
Everyone should have received a chronicle draft.

TheNIRL
October 14th, 2018, 15:07
Yup, got mine