PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Traveller D20

Snigwiddle
June 30th, 2006, 21:35
Anyone have a Traveller D20 Character sheet and/ or a Traveller D20 ruleset? I really know nothing about XML and I would rather not re-invent the wheel if I don't have to...Also, not sure if its "legal" or not to ask for such a thing, but I just want to play...
[email protected]

bhoins
July 1st, 2006, 04:54
I have a working set for Klooge and Grip. Sorry, not interested in messing with defining it again. Though I am considering restarting my Wednesday evening T20 campaign. If you are just looking to play. (The group has been falling apart, so if I can get a good core again I will gm it again.) https://www.geocities.com/bhoins is the website. :)

bhoins
July 1st, 2006, 14:02
Oh I forgot to mention, using the software I use, the players don't have to pay for anything, except their internet access.
Bruce

tdwyer11b
July 2nd, 2006, 20:14
I don't know how you feel about GURPS, but there is a ruleset floating around here. You could get the GURPS Traveller supplement and use that.

Snigwiddle
July 3rd, 2006, 14:20
Thanks for the Ads for Klooge and Grip.I found Klooge to be "Kloogy", meaning clunky and not very appealing and GRIP is one of those adventure tree systems with an interface that takes me back a few years.Although, the InfoData Library Data was a neat idea.And I don't think it's really supported all that much anymore.It's primary website got sucked into the main Traveller site.And as for GURPS, well it's kinda like it's own monster, good source material though.I got my heart set on T20.I like Fantasy Grounds.It's clean, neat and awfully purdy, just not very easy to change stuff.I really hope the new patch will change some of that.I really do appreciate the reply, and thanks for the invite, but I guess I'll be spending my playing time learning how to program XML and rewriting a ruleset.At least the community here is pretty cool, so thanks anyway!!!

bhoins
July 3rd, 2006, 15:10
GRiP is definitely not supported by the publisher anymore. (Which is unfortunate.) And I definitely don't like the interface. (Which is why I bought Klooge.) But i do have a working character sheet for T20 for GRiP. :) If you need help here I did do T20 for both GRiP and Klooge and I might have some ideas that might help. (I am just not going to go through all that again, especially as it seems that building a ruleset for FG seems to be a bit more of a pain than either of the other two.)

I am not trying to sell you either GRiP or Klooge but I have done the work on both of them and I know how it can be setting up one of these to do a game system nobody else has done. They might have ideas on how to program the XML but not the effect you actually are looking for. :)

Good luck, and if you want help I will definitely do what I can.