PDA

View Full Version : Penalties

SixSided
October 8th, 2018, 03:14
So in the book it says a wildcard can take as many turns as they want, but take a -1 stacking each times. does fantasy grounds account for this? on the same note how would you fan the hammer

Doswelk
October 8th, 2018, 08:39
So in the book it says a wildcard can take as many turns as they want, but take a -1 stacking each times. does fantasy grounds account for this?

Nope

on the same note how would you fan the hammer

Fanning the hammer: Set the number of attacks to 6 then add the required modifier to modifier box, double click the attack die icon.
The gunslinger in my last campaign create Fanning the hammer as a sub-attack with the modifier and #attacks set as part of it.

SixSided
October 8th, 2018, 09:19
ty you alot for the response. Moved over from roll20 and not looking back :)

Doswelk
October 8th, 2018, 11:23
So in the book it says a wildcard can take as many turns as they want, but take a -1 stacking each times. does fantasy grounds account for this? on the same note how would you fan the hammer

Thinking about this one, unless it changed and I never noticed, I think it should be -2 per additional action not -1.

I did not add the actual answer to this part: If the total is -4 just put -4 in the modifier box and roll

zarlor
October 8th, 2018, 12:59
You are correct, sir, the Multi-Action Penalty (also referred to as the MAP) is -2 per action, not -1 as the OP suggested (see SWDEX p. 66 under the "Multiple Actions" heading, "Each additional action attempted in a round subtracts 2 from all the hero’s rolls.") Since all actions need to be declared before taking them that will help as you should know what your MAP will be for all rolls before taking them anyway, so just putting in that modifier into the box is how I do that as well, although you can also use the... is it effects or maybe a modifiers?... table to add a specific modifier that will then show up on the roll as an explanation to what the modifier was for. (Or maybe that's a global effects add-on I have in mine... I don't have FG on this computer to double-check, I'm just used to always having that thing up while I'm in a game. Sorry.)

dragonheels
October 17th, 2018, 19:14
Doswelk, how do you set the # of attacks to 6 ? I tried Rof, but it is'nt the right way apparently. ntil now, I used the right click to add dice

Doswelk
October 18th, 2018, 07:37
Doswelk, how do you set the # of attacks to 6 ? I tried Rof, but it is'nt the right way apparently. ntil now, I used the right click to add dice
Right click is how I used to do it and for on-the-fly decisions to "rapid-fire" the easy way to do it, but if you want to create sub-attacks you can do as described above, I've got to go to work now but I'll make a quick-vid later to show how to do it.

dragonheels
October 18th, 2018, 19:11
Right click is how I used to do it and for on-the-fly decisions to "rapid-fire" the easy way to do it, but if you want to create sub-attacks you can do as described above, I've got to go to work now but I'll make a quick-vid later to show how to do it.

A vid would be appreciated! But no hurry. Only if you have time!

Doswelk
October 18th, 2018, 21:02
Here you go!

https://youtu.be/JN86DQeG2IE

:)

dragonheels
October 18th, 2018, 22:42
Got it!
Thank you very much!