PDA

View Full Version : Are there any alternative icons for the goblin-themed GM and sidebar buttons?

intervolver
October 7th, 2018, 22:14
With all due respect to the artist, I can't stand goblins, and in particular the way they're represented in pathfinder, and now I see they've somehow made the jump into starfinder as well. I like the starfinder theme that comes with the modules just fine, except for these icons. I searched the starfinder forum for "theme" and couldn't find much related, and I've been tearing my hair out for hours trying to figure out how to change the icons before eventually hitting a brick wall of .dat files in the vault directory of the data folder, that are password protected when converted to .zip.

Is there an extension or edited theme that replaces the goblins with something serious or functional? If not, is there a straightforward guide on how to do this? I don't seem to be able to extract the ruleset to even see what icons I'm supposed to be replacing, or to recreate the directory hierarchy necessary to make an extension.

Octavious
October 7th, 2018, 22:42
Hi Intervolver.. Im not sure if anyone has made a starfinder theme with different buttons.. but you can do it yourself.. its not easy if you have not done it before , the theme extension is just a zip file renamed *.ext . find one in your FG extension folder and see how its put together.
you can make an extension that only has the buttons and it will replace the buttons.. how to do it is beyond the scope of this post , I found a few theme extensions on the internet and backward engineered them so to speak.. you may have to do the same.

Samarex
October 7th, 2018, 23:11
I have plans on creating a theme for starfinder that changes the buttons, I am also not a big fan of the goblin buttons in Starfinder.

Blahness98
October 7th, 2018, 23:57
There are the generic gray and brown themes out there. There is also the simple dark theme (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43389-Simple-Dark-Theme). All three are basic and remove most of the specific starfinder goblins. The only goblin not removed is the GM icon. You may have to open up the theme .exts and add SFRPG to the list of rule sets, but they all should work. I use simple gray and dark themes for my game.

These themes are unlocked and should serve as a good guide to what files are replaced and how they are named.

Samarex
October 8th, 2018, 00:25
There are the generic gray and brown themes out there. There is also the simple dark theme (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?43389-Simple-Dark-Theme). All three are basic and remove most of the specific starfinder goblins. The only goblin not removed is the GM icon. You may have to open up the theme .exts and add SFRPG to the list of rule sets, but they all should work. I use simple gray and dark themes for my game.

These themes are unlocked and should serve as a good guide to what files are replaced and how they are named.

Yep I use the Grey theme most the time.
I plan to do a theme that uses the current SF theme but replaces the button with the type in the Grey theme. and also one that just has the Words on the buttons so the are smaller in height and the side bar won't be as packed as it is with the Goblins.

intervolver
October 8th, 2018, 01:58
Yep I use the Grey theme most the time.
I plan to do a theme that uses the current SF theme but replaces the button with the type in the Grey theme. and also one that just has the Words on the buttons so the are smaller in height and the side bar won't be as packed as it is with the Goblins.

That would be the best solution for me. I guess I'll have to spend more time than I was planning on to fix this in there interim. I don't want to use the simple themes if I don't have to, I'll look further into it.

Thanks for your answers, everyone.