PDA

View Full Version : LFP Get Medieval!

Elihu
October 6th, 2018, 02:05
I am recruiting players for an upcoming Pathfinder 2nd edition campaign

GM is Elihu
FG License: Ultimate License
Game System: Pathfinder 2(with latest updates, and the game will use every update that comes out, in the event that an update alters your character build in any way you will be permitted to change your character as much as you deem necessary)
Time Zone: PACIFIC STANDARD TIME e.g. SEATTLE or L.A. or Portland USA
Day of week and time: Sunday 4:00-9:00 PM
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Planned start date: 14 October 2018 0 session.
Text or Voice: Discord Mandatory
Role-play & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game: 3-10
Character Creation is done as per standard PF2 method, or optionally rolling ability score instead, however the GM must be present when you roll abilities.

It is a Fantastical Medieval Campaign

I made this campaign to provide a new experience. My goal was to GM a setting and feel that I like, while at the same time give the players a modern rule set with cutting edge design and options. It is greatly influenced by several Appendix N novels, and OSR RPGs (OSR, stands for Old School Revival or Renaissance), and surprisingly Pathfinder 2 can do this setting very well. Many RPGs and worlds claim to be «medieval fantasy», however, other than a few none of them really are. They are more accurately 20th century fantasy with a slight medieval veneer. There’s more inspiration from 20th century kids’ adventure films and stories in D&D than there is in actual medieval history, and in 19th and 20th century fantasy fiction than in authentic medieval folklore. Yes, there're horses and swords but there’s almost never monotheism, and almost never any sense of the significance of social class. There're all kinds of social conventions that belong to the mid- 20th century, or to ridiculous Hollywood ideas about ‘olden days’, rather than accurate representations of Medieval Europe. And surprisingly little attention has even been given to the authentic folklore and legend of monsters and fantastical creatures! So this could be your very first real Medieval Fantasy game. This is not to say that it’s somehow ‘better’ than playing other campaigns, or the way you’ve played them so far; this is not meant to be a type of elitism. I am a fan of settings like Forgotten Realms, and Golarian. So if you would like to play in a game that is a fresh and different approach, by doing something you might have thought you were already doing but actually weren’t, this is the game for that.

In this campaign you will experience the following things, plus many other aspects that could take place, due to player input:
• Feudalism
• A strong central monotheistic church, with no separation of church and state
• Many diverse character choices, to include all races in PF2 and human heritage and religion choices such as Vikings, Christians, Muslims, Jews, Slavs, Picts and many others.
• Siege Warfare
• Raising a Fiefdom, similar to Kingmaker AP in Pathfinder
• Rival Lords vying for power
• Sanctioned magic, or the use of dark magic as you choose. Each one with interesting implications
• Tournaments
• Points of Light style towns and keeps
• A Magical Medieval Europe sandbox

Campaign Map: https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2Fa%2FSXV6wKL&h=AT1UquXyB1IpqkSicRzppQH5H96_L2u5HqW3Hwm-_0CBJwfs1Qz9WduEaxrMq7K-1JtfEnEpSA3DfyvEO3a0ZiyU3CyvxzdRtYZe5aF41v0qY89zpt YFE_JxXfAACQgVVJY

Themed Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/RFoTy0Q

Inspirations: Appendix N DMG AD&D, Everyday Life in Medieval Europe(by Jeffrey Singman), Lion & Dragon(Pundit), A Magical Medieval Society, Western Europe d20(Expeditious Retreat Press), Stronghold© RTS Computer Game, just to name a few

To Join PM me, I will then invite you to my Discord channel.

Questions? PM me.