PDA

View Full Version : Autosound Commands for D&D 5E using DOE: Sound

Dax Doomslayer
October 5th, 2018, 19:24
Hi Folks,
I'm trying to set up some Autosound commands for my game. Is there a full list of these anywhere so I know what they are other than by trial and error? I've looked around and can't seem to find anything so if someone can direct me to a list or something on the wiki, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Zacchaeus
October 5th, 2018, 19:38
Not sure what you mean.

If you are using the DOE extension how you set up sounds is documented in the documentation. Do you mean where can you find the sounds (I assume other than in Syrinscape)?

LordEntrails
October 5th, 2018, 19:41
I think Dax is asking for all the of the strings that appear in the chat window. i.e. what the text for an attack, a spell, etc.

Don't know if their is such a list. You can also check out the module Dulux has on the DMsGuild. I think that module has links/soundboard to all the Syrinscape sounds, but not sure as I haven't gotten to sounds yet...

Zacchaeus
October 5th, 2018, 20:05
Ah, ok. There isn't such a list on the wiki; but there are at least two sound modules which I think you can buy on the DMs Guild. Otherwise it is trial and error. I believe also if memory serves the extension has a built in thing which creates strings based on useage. Having said all that there aren't a huge amount of possible strings unless you want to make different sounds for each weapon type and spell.

LordEntrails
October 5th, 2018, 20:05
(EDIT: duplicate, Cloud Flair issue)

Dax Doomslayer
October 5th, 2018, 20:09
Thanks for the replies folks. LordEntrails is correct. There are a number of self-generating 'commands' that are created on the Autosound tab of DOE: Sounds soundboard that function as 'triggers'. For instance, things like: "addtarget"; "applyatk"; "applyinit"; "transferitem"; "whisper". I have an idea what these are but am unsure definitely. I'd like to know what these are to decide if I want to add sounds to them.

I do have Rob2E's module for some of the sounds. They don't really cover some of the items I'm looking for (mentioned earlier). According to Dulux's manual, it seems that these triggers / commands are 'self-generated' and captured after a few sessions (which it looks like they are) but that doesn't help me when I don't know what they are (other than whisper of course)!

Zacchaeus
October 5th, 2018, 20:37
The descriptors of those triggers are pretty self explanatory add target - click on a target, apply attack - roll an attack dice, applyinit - roll for initiative etc

The way to figure out how to create the sound triggers is to look at the chat box when you do something. Then use the words to create the trigger. An attack roll might look like
[Attack (M)] Scimitar
Attack [15] [at Bob][Hit]
This shows a melee attack from a scimitar. You could use the Attack (M) part to create a sound or (on two lines) use the Attack (M) Scimitar to create a sound specifically for a scimitar
You can then if you want create a sound with the Hit, so that you would have two sounds one for the scimitar swinging and then another for the hit. It is fairly intensive setting them all up if you want a lot of sounds. I'd suggest you start with just things like Hit or Miss. Or even just critical hits and maybe cast for spells. If you pile too many sounds in it gets a bit tedious hearing the same thing over and over again.

Dax Doomslayer
October 5th, 2018, 20:50
Thanks for the reply Zacchaeus. I actually have the sound trigger commands. I'm just not sure what actions these commands are capturing. From what I can tell, the Autosound tab on the DOE: Soundboard automagically captures these commands. So, when I look at my soundboard, I see the following commands:

addtarget
applyatk
applyconc
applydmg
applydmgstate
applyeff
applyinit
applysave
applysavevs
cleartargets
endturn
expireeff
languagechat
setafk
toggletarget
transfercurrency
transferitem
transferitemstring
transferparcel
whisper

I can figure out the whisper one. However, for instance, what's the difference between 'transferitem' vs. 'transferitemstring' vs. 'transferparcel'. I'm just trying to figure out the actual action that is creating these commands so I can decide if I want to tag a sound to it or not and if so, what sound. Does that make sense? Thanks again as always.

Zacchaeus
October 5th, 2018, 23:34
Transferring an item would be moving one item from one location to another, not entirely sure why that differs from string (presumably that’s just the item name) and transferring a parcel would be adding a parcel to the group inventory or possibly distributing parcel items. To be honest I don’t think you need sounds for any of these really. You will drive players nuts if you add sounds for stuff like that. My personal experience was that isound was a fun novelty for a session or two but got old very quickly. But that’s probably just me.

Bidmaron
October 6th, 2018, 02:07
I doubt anyone would get tired of a jackpot sound on distribution of a parcel. If they did it would probably indicate you are doing a Monty haul