PDA

View Full Version : Death Match

Drakard
June 29th, 2006, 07:26
I'm running my first death match this Sunday @ 9pm central after I get off of work. I will run the dungeon once for sure and if it's over quickly will take 4 new contestants.

The winner is the last person standing when it's all said and done. :mad:

The dungeon is a many chambered stone floor level with twisting, narrow tunnels with no doors. :eek:

Scattered throughout the dungeon are chests aligned to individual alignments. They are all trapped. If your alignment matches then the trap does not go off. If it doesn't then you must deal with the trap. If you successfully open a chest you get to roll a random magic item off of the DMG tables.

You get to outfit your contestant with 6K gold worth of gear and 4 levels. Whatever you don't spend is lost. If it's not on your character sheet you will not find it in the dungeon unless you roll it on the magic item list. Generate Characters statistics with (Non Standard Point buy-High Powered 32 points) Must generate Core characters and buy only gear from PHB and DMG. Makes referreeing easier. :(

Dungeon is also populated with level approapriate random encounters. If encounters are circumvented then they begin to roam the dungeon on their own. I am just referee I will not fudge any dice ;) and all DM rolls will be public.

You have to use yahoo voice chat if you play. No typed descriptions and there will be 4 individual voice chat conferences going with dm using touch to talk so that on one else see's your masked map or hears what is going on with your contestant. All they will see is info for all players and who's turn it is.

VarnFury
June 29th, 2006, 07:41
Sounds sweet :)

FiveSola
June 29th, 2006, 14:16
I would like to participate. where do I send the character :-) and in what format? I can create it with Etools if you have that software, if not then I will just type it up in MS word or something.

Just to get some clarification on the game. we buy stuff then we enter the dungeon without the stuff and it is scattered around the place in trapped chest? or is additional stuff stored in the trapped chest?

Also what do you estimate the play time to be in this?

Drakard
June 30th, 2006, 02:54
I would like to participate. where do I send the character :-) and in what format? I can create it with Etools if you have that software, if not then I will just type it up in MS word or something.

Just to get some clarification on the game. we buy stuff then we enter the dungeon without the stuff and it is scattered around the place in trapped chest? or is additional stuff stored in the trapped chest?

Also what do you estimate the play time to be in this?

No you buys stuff and equip it. What I meant is that if you do not have the foresight to buy something you will not find it in the dungeon. There will be chests but the loot will be random. May not be approapriate to your class or casting type if you take caster levels. I have etools and can accept files at [email protected] I don't know the running time because this will be the first death match I run.

Cirondel
July 13th, 2006, 01:58
How did the death match go? Sounds like it would have been a fun strategy intensive event.

On a side note, one time I participated in a LV20 "save the world in a day" type of module, and I remember how much of a blast it was to design the character specifically for the event. Most players spent 10+ hours ahead of time just delving through books and balancing feats, abilities, classes, and gold spending to get their characters up to snuff. It was interesting to see that the individual meleers were capable of practically wiping out armies on their own (especially my Dervish Skirmisher cohort) while the mages were the only ones capable of holding their own against the odds of the super bosses on their home planes.

Do you think you'll ever have another special strategy gaming event like this in the future.