PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Cleric: Homebrew Campaign

ItsDarthChaos
October 5th, 2018, 01:01
FG License: Running Ultimate. Preferring players with paid versions who can control their own character sheets.
Game System: DnD 5E

Time Zone: US Eastern, EST
Day of week and time: Friday, 10:00 p.m. EST, weekly (possibly bi-weekly, still TBD)
If new game, planned start date: Only one month into this campaign. Lost members in transition from Roll20. Planning to resume once I can find new members.
Planned Duration & Frequency: i.e. 2 Hour session, 5 Hour Session, etc. & i.e. Weekly, every other week, once a month, etc.
Term: Homebrew campaign, planned to run long-term.

Text or Voice: Voice preferred
Voice software used: i.e. Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? Currently no plans to record.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50 Roleplay is important to me, but I do try to keep combat involved as much as possible without it feeling too out of place.
Number of Players in game & needed: I have (at time of posting) 5 players. Looking for 1 more.
Character starting level & equipment: i.e. 2nd level, Starting equipment
Character restrictions: i.e. Core races preferred, but extended conversations can be had on this.
Details of your scenario: i.e. The kingdom of Ordinia is on the brink of civil war. With factions lining up to make their claim to the dying king's heirless throne, and dangerous creatures popping up across the region, Fate finds you being dragged into the dangers of the wilds, wrought with peril.
What do you expect from players as a GM? As a new DM, I do not expect perfection, being far from perfect myself. I do expect to keep meta gaming to a minimum, but also want everyone to have fun playing. You'll find that I'm figuring things out as we go along.

Link to Gamecalendar page: Will update once the game is officially set up

Additionally, any questions you may have, do please ask. After a proper introduction. I am looking primarily for a Cleric. But may accept another player or two, so do feel free to apply with multiple classes if you wish. Thanks for your time.

Toyamapierce
October 5th, 2018, 13:19
When is your next game scheduled? It looks like you guys play on Friday evenings, I could swing that.
I'd be happy to run a cleric for your party. I have almost no experience with 5e, but I do have the 5e books and have been looking to try it out.
I'm also pretty inexperienced with Discord and if you're willing to walk me through the use of it I'd love to join your adventure.

A quick bit about me. I've been playing D&D since the mid 90's with most of my experience revolving around 3.5 and Pathfinder. I'm in my mid 30's and DM Pathfinder for my group of friends via Skype every week (usually Sat or Sun morning). My time zone is EST. And I'm available to start tonight (Fri 10.05.2018) so long as it's after 8 pm. If you guys are playing just let me know what time.

Dark Angel
October 7th, 2018, 01:18
I have an idea for a cleric I've been hoping to use. I have over a year's worth experience with 5E, however I'm new to Fantasy Grounds. I already have a game on Fridays, but that game is mid-afternoon. It ends long before 10 pm. My time zone is EST/EDT. I've got Discord as well. I'm in my early 30's.

lordcygnus
October 10th, 2018, 01:57
Hey ItsDarthChaos! Nice reading your post.

I'm up to a new adventure and your setting seems legit, a little about myself, I'm 31, living in Panama City, available mostly at afternoons and nights, so, no issues with your planned schedule. On my ttrpg experience, I'm a seasoned DM for my friends, and I'm looking to have a shot at playing for the first time, even on FG, because I haven't played on the plattform yet, so, I'm open to be that cleric or any class you might see as useful on your campaign =)