PDA

View Full Version : Connection Issues after Following Compatibility and Networking Guide

wychfate
October 4th, 2018, 22:11
Hi,
I am still unable to host any games. Connection Test all fail. I've Enabled UPnP, Insured My Firewall and Router/ Modem have enabled Port Forwarding of TCP. Tried the canyouseeme.org to check connection and it said failed: reason session timed out. Settings are set specifically:
Enable UPnP IGP: Yes
Advertisement Period: 1800
Advertisement TTL 4
Internal and External Port:1802
Service: Other
Protocol: TCP

Direct X version: 12

Firewall is operated through: McAfee

If anyone can help me get connected it would be great. I have to leave for the evening and will not be able to respond or try any options until tomorrow but any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Zacchaeus
October 4th, 2018, 23:19
Hi Wychfate welcome to FG.

Make sure that your network is set to private and not public and that you have created an exception for FG in your Anti Virus software or any malware software or whatever you use.

damned
October 4th, 2018, 23:30
McAfee almost always requires a manual rule.
You can test by turning McAfee off for 10mins.

wychfate
October 5th, 2018, 06:11
Thank you for your response. Thank you very much, I turned my network to private and placed an exception for FG for McAfee. Still have a failure when I run the test. Note I have not restarted my computer after making these changes. I will try that in a bit. Just in case that is now the problem.

wychfate
October 5th, 2018, 06:12
I was shocked to read this and will do this as well thank you both so much!

damned
October 5th, 2018, 06:16
please pm me the results of:

tracert 8.8.8.8

wychfate
October 5th, 2018, 15:05
Again, thank everyone for the responses. I finally got everything connected and will be running a campaign in the near future.

Bidmaron
October 6th, 2018, 02:29
Wychfate it is customary around here to post what your problem was so maybe someone else can learn from your experience.

damned
October 6th, 2018, 04:42
McAfee was still blocking the connection.

wychfate
October 6th, 2018, 07:15
Wychfate it is customary around here to post what your problem was so maybe someone else can learn from your experience.

I went back into the firewall settings ; Specifically under Port and Systems. There I discovered that I never checked the check box below that ask if I wanted to allow Port Forwarding to other computers on the internet and my Open Port was to Home network only, I did two things I changed the Open Port to the other choice which is All Computers and I checked on the check box. With the Firewall still on, I again tested the connection and got a quick success right after pushing it.

Bidmaron
October 6th, 2018, 16:52
Thanks! Smart troubleshooting.