PDA

View Full Version : Nesting Inventory (5E)

dphagan
October 4th, 2018, 15:50
I'm new, still learning.

Is there a way to nest your inventory? I dragged a pack from the items to my character, and all the items were dumped into my inventory. While useful, it uses a lot of room. If you carry a lot of different scrolls or potions, it would make your inventory huge.

Thanks for any help.

Trenloe
October 4th, 2018, 15:53
Welcome to the forums!

The most you can do is assign an item to a location - which will list all items indented under the item designated as the location. It doesn't provide a method to hide any equipment though. Some info available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Character_Sheet#Inventory_Tab

The High Druid
October 5th, 2018, 12:11
Unfortunately, while assigning a location helps with organisation, it doesn't help with the length of the inventory list, as you can't collapse or expand a container to hide/reveal what's inside it.

There's a fudge you can use, but it's a bit of a pain, which works best with bags of holding and similar (because weight is not a worry) and that is to open up the bag description (the red dragon, or shield, depending on theme) unlock the description, and drag items contained in the bag into the description. It's not nearly so easy to manage this way - you have to manually edit totals, and keep track of weight yourself (for non-holding bags), but it does make the list shorter.

SirGraystone
October 5th, 2018, 13:23
Not solving the problem exactly but as a player with a mount, I created a PC in FG for the mount and just drag the items into the mount inventory, I did the same as a DM with a ship the group was using.

TechSean
January 29th, 2019, 02:53
Hey my first post as a player and user of Fantasy Grounds is to hope that the inventory screen will get some love. An expander/collapser for bags would be amazing, as would a grabber handle to manually sort your inventory. I don't know how hard that is in the interface, but I know as a web developer that would be relatively easy given a data API that had a sort order option.

LordEntrails
January 29th, 2019, 03:36
Hey my first post as a player and user of Fantasy Grounds is to hope that the inventory screen will get some love. An expander/collapser for bags would be amazing, as would a grabber handle to manually sort your inventory. I don't know how hard that is in the interface, but I know as a web developer that would be relatively easy given a data API that had a sort order option.
Welcome to the forums!

FG is open architecture using XML and LUA, so you can dive in and make any customization like this that interest you :) Check out the Workshop forum for examples of what others are working on, and check out the extension stickies in each ruleset forum to see the types of things people have done and shared with the community.

And, you can always check the wishlist (https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/) for ideas that you like and vote on them, and if something you want is not there, then you can add it :)

damned
January 29th, 2019, 04:08
All lists - or almost all - are sorted alphanumerically.
You could add your vote here - its actually 2 ideas in this one entry I think...
https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=40972