PDA

View Full Version : Skill adding problem in CallOfCthulhu7E for skill specializations

Dagnus
October 3rd, 2018, 22:39
Hi,

I hope here is the correct location for this question. Sorry in advance if that is not the case.

I am hitting an issue with the CoC7e ruleset from the store: it is impossible for me to add more than one skill entry for skills with specializations (such as Art/Craft, Lang - Other, ...) through Drag and Drop. For instance:

If there is not one already, I can drag and drop Art/Craft from its skill window. This will add one entry with an empty specialization text to the sheet.
Subsequent drag and drops have no effect.
Drag and drop directly from a Skill Specialization has no effect, regardless of if there is already an entry or not for the skill.

While for most, this can be worked around by using the add buttons at the top of the skill sheet, there is no solution for Pilot, where I cannot add both Pilot Aircraft and Pilot Boat in the same character sheet.
I have the latest update for the ruleset and for FG in general, running on Windows 10.

Am I the only one hitting this issue, or is this a known problem?

damned
October 4th, 2018, 05:32
Hi Dagnus afaik you are the first to report this.
I also tried a bunch of ways and could not solve.
Are there any other skills you could not add?

Dagnus
October 4th, 2018, 08:58
Hi damned,

Thanks for taking a look.
As far as I can see, it only happens with skills with specializations, but it is the only ones where that would matter. Uncommon skills gets dragged and dropped correctly, only once but you would want only one of those anyway. The problem is really just for Specialization based skills.

ianmward
October 6th, 2018, 09:19
Hi Dagnus,

Thanks for taking the time to report this, I have fixed the drag and drop for specializable skills, it should make it through QA and to the store soon.

In the meantime, you can add those skills using the edit and add buttons at the top right corner of the skill list. Edit then hit the appropriate add skill button (e.g. Sc for add Science Skill).

Cheers,

Ian

Dagnus
October 9th, 2018, 08:32
Thank you so much, you are awesome :)