PDA

View Full Version : Extension FG3 (CoreRPG) : 7th Sea

neuralnoise
October 3rd, 2018, 22:11
https://i0.wp.com/johnwickpresents.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/7thSea-logo-1000px.png

Inclued Basic Pool by ianmward and work the same way than Forbidden Lands Extension --> https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42832-Forbidden-Lands-Mechanic

https://nsa39.casimages.com/img/2018/10/05/mini_181005050054550776.png (https://nsa39.casimages.com/img/2018/10/05/181005050054550776.png)

Download here :arrow: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2t4qjlo0z3124dl/7th%20Sea%20Extension%20and%20charsheet.zip?dl=0

neuralnoise
October 4th, 2018, 17:54
add Hero points track + skills ranks tips

garrion_sw
November 25th, 2018, 07:02
This is a great extension and I love what you've done with it. I did go in and make a couple corrections that I want to pass on to you.

1. Hero Points were linked to Wealth so changing one changed the other to match. I corrected to separate values.
2. Wealth and Reputation were not retaining their values after closing FG. They would reset to 0 upon restarting the campaign. This took me a little finagling to figure out but I fixed it by using the following values:
<number_dropadd name="reputationsnumber" source="reputationsnumber.slot.amount">
and
<number_dropadd name="wealthnumber" source="wealthnumber.slot.amount">

neuralnoise
November 25th, 2018, 09:17
Thanks!

I started a game last monday and I suffured an error on Reputation. I hope your tips correct this.

Unfortunately, I don't find the link between wealth and hero points :(

The link is updated

garrion_sw
November 26th, 2018, 02:46
In "strings_campaign.xml", make sure you have these:
<string name="char_label_heropoints">Hero Points</string>
<string name="char_label_wealth">Wealth</string>

In "record_char_abilities.xml", make sure you have these:
<stringcontrol name="wealth_label">
<anchored to="detailframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="150,45" width="150" height="20" />
<font>chatfont</font>
<static textres="char_label_wealth" />
</stringcontrol>
<anchored to="detailframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="200,45" width="20" height="20" />
</number_dropadd>

AND

<stringcontrol name="heropoints_label">
<anchored to="arcanaframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="60,120" width="150" height="20" />
<font>reference-b-large</font>
<static textres="char_label_heropoints" />
</stringcontrol>
<number_dropadd name="heropointsnumber" source="heropointsnumber.slot.amount">
<anchored to="arcanaframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="150,120" width="20" height="20" />
</number_dropadd>

I hope this helps. I don't remember which item was incorrect so I'm just posting everything.

neuralnoise
November 26th, 2018, 07:08
The controls are OK except offset where there is a little difference between yours and mine with number_dropadd control.

I tested in local, no error, no link between HP and Wealth.

I think there was a conflict with some controls names (your 2. in last message). I'll try with a player this evening.

neuralnoise
December 10th, 2018, 23:27
Can someone help me with this error (see screenshot). I get it on the half of PC sheets. 2 of my players get an error while switching to the Abilities tab and the 2 others get none...

I don't understand the problem... I tried to create new sheets, clear player's cache, nothing work.

https://image.noelshack.com/minis/2018/50/2/1544484229-screen.png (https://www.noelshack.com/2018-50-2-1544484229-screen.jpg)

damned
December 10th, 2018, 23:37
Religion is anchored to Reputation and either the order is wrong or something else is stopping Reputation from being displayed so Religion cant be anchored.
Start with why Reputation is not showing...

neuralnoise
December 10th, 2018, 23:41
Thanks for the answer!

But, I just don't understand. Two sheets works fine and the two other don't.
I tried with and without text in reputation control and number, no error on the working sheets.

The codes is just the same as Concept and Nation (plus numbercontrol).

<frame_char name="detailframe">
<bounds>15,0,-29,85</bounds>
</frame_char>
<string_labeled name="concept">
<anchored to="detailframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="15,10" width="200" height="20" />
<labelres>char_label_concept</labelres>
</string_labeled>
<string_labeled name="nation">
<anchored to="concept" position="right" offset="5,0" width="245" />
<labelres>char_label_nation</labelres>
</string_labeled>
<string_labeled name="reputations">
<anchored to="detailframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="15,45" width="90" height="20" />
<labelres>char_label_reputations</labelres>
</string_labeled>
<number_dropadd name="reputationsnumber" source="reputationsnumber.slot.amount">
<anchored to="detailframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="115,45" width="20" height="20" />
</number_dropadd>
<anchored to="detailframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="150,45" width="150" height="20" />
<font>chatfont</font>
</stringcontrol>
<anchored to="detailframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="210,45" width="20" height="20" />
</number_dropadd>
<string_labeled name="religion">
<anchored to="reputations" position="right" offset="135,0" width="225" />
<labelres>char_label_religion</labelres>
</string_labeled>

damned
December 11th, 2018, 00:13
That would suggest a data mismatch or error in those specific sheets data.
Are there are other errors or warnings?
What happens on new Characters?

neuralnoise
December 11th, 2018, 08:02
Those are errors. The console pop up every time me or the player go on the Abilities tab or type something in it.

damned
December 11th, 2018, 08:37
if it doesnt happen on a new toon have the affected players recreate their sheets.

Trenloe
December 11th, 2018, 11:04
Thanks for the answer!

But, I just don't understand. Two sheets works fine and the two other don't.
I tried with and without text in reputation control and number, no error on the working sheets.

The codes is just the same as Concept and Nation (plus numbercontrol).

<frame_char name="detailframe">
<bounds>15,0,-29,85</bounds>
</frame_char>
<string_labeled name="concept">
<anchored to="detailframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="15,10" width="200" height="20" />
<labelres>char_label_concept</labelres>
</string_labeled>
<string_labeled name="nation">
<anchored to="concept" position="right" offset="5,0" width="245" />
<labelres>char_label_nation</labelres>
</string_labeled>
<string_labeled name="reputations">
<anchored to="detailframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="15,45" width="90" height="20" />
<labelres>char_label_reputations</labelres>
</string_labeled>
<anchored to="detailframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="115,45" width="20" height="20" />
</number_dropadd>
<font>chatfont</font>
</stringcontrol>
<anchored to="detailframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="210,45" width="20" height="20" />
</number_dropadd>
<string_labeled name="religion">
<anchored to="reputations" position="right" offset="135,0" width="225" />
<labelres>char_label_religion</labelres>
</string_labeled>
As the text of the <string_labeled name="reputations"> control is not showing in your screenshot, the control is not being created. Maybe the <labelres>char_label_reputations</labelres> string resource can't be found or is not valid?

neuralnoise
December 14th, 2018, 15:39
if it doesnt happen on a new toon have the affected players recreate their sheets.

As the text of the <string_labeled name="reputations"> control is not showing in your screenshot, the control is not being created. Maybe the <labelres>char_label_reputations</labelres> string resource can't be found or is not valid?

In fact, I recreated a whole campaign, 2 sheets are working and 2 give this error. No error on sheets when I recreated them, only after PC own one.

The weird thing is why it is so binary ?

damned
December 14th, 2018, 21:27
have a look at the xml for a working and non working character.
Is there any difference?

neuralnoise
December 16th, 2018, 10:01
I don't understand which xml (the charsheet?), sorry :(

To summarize the problem. I played an OS with pregen that I had prepared on FG. The game (1st session) went smoothly. The next week, I played again with the same players (2nd session), but there they created their own character. The error appeared. I though there was a conflict between the previous game and this one because I named the campaign of the same name. Before the next game (3rd session), I recreated the whole campaign (with a different name, I though there was a conflict with the cache) and recreated their character sheet. No bug on my side until they picked their characters. The error appeared again, but not with the same players at 2nd session...

Following this I ask for help here and under your recommendations, I recreated the charsheet which had an error. No error on my side. We are playing tomorrow and I will see if that bug again.

No xml modification, no modification that I remember between 1st and 2nd session (no more 3rd). I just don't get it :confused:

damned
December 16th, 2018, 13:44
I was suggesting you compare the XML in the db.xml of the working and not working characters.
Based on what you described above the players may have an older version of the ruleset installed and the XML structure has changed/varied for that element in the version you are using.
The new Chars, created on your table, should work.

neuralnoise
December 18th, 2018, 08:50
I was suggesting you compare the XML in the db.xml of the working and not working characters.
Based on what you described above the players may have an older version of the ruleset installed and the XML structure has changed/varied for that element in the version you are using.
The new Chars, created on your table, should work.

No problem yesterday ! HOURA !

And for the pleasure : improved NPC sheet + Boat tab added. Hero Points tracking from MoreCore included.

damned
December 18th, 2018, 14:00
That would suggest a data mismatch or error in those specific sheets data.
Are there are other errors or warnings?
What happens on new Characters?

You can go too

Mattkilt
February 1st, 2021, 15:30
Is there any materials out there that support the 7th Sea 1st edition rule-set? I haven't been able to find anything in searches.