PDA

View Full Version : FG; Discord and a 3rd Instance Using the Web Browser

Dax Doomslayer
October 3rd, 2018, 21:37
Hi Folks,
I'm not really sure where to post this - I'm hoping this forum is the correct one and hopefully it's OK to post as it is tangentially related to FG. I've watched Rob2E's YouTube videos on how to set up Discord to run Syrinscape sounds with FG. The last tutorial goes into opening a 3rd instance of Discord in a browser and running Windows Media Player. I'm having trouble opening up the browser without it defaulting to one of my other 2 accounts (I had a Discord account and then during the video created a Discord PTB account). Whenever I go to the discordapp.com account, I do not get a 'login' option. It just shows "Open". I know it's probably something incredibly easy and I'm super stupid but for the life of me, I can't get the option to create a 3rd account. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

LordEntrails
October 3rd, 2018, 22:28
Probably have to use either a different web browser than you are currently using (IE and Chrome, etc) or start a second session of the web browser (not a new window) but if you might have to clear cookies/cache so that the new session doesn't log in automatically.

stephan_
October 3rd, 2018, 23:17
If your browser has a private mode it might also work with that.

Dax Doomslayer
October 3rd, 2018, 23:48
OK - thanks folks. Hmmm - I was able to do this in Microsoft Edge (I normally use Chrome) at LordEntrails direction - yay!! Now I have a different issue where I'm supposed to change the Input Device / Output Device under the Voice and I can't as it only shows Device 1, Device 2, Device 3 etc. for the Input Device under the "Voice" setting and it won't even allow me to use the drop down for the Output Device - d'ohhhh. I also have a message stating:

"You do not have any input devices enabled. You must grant Discord access to your microphone in order to be able to observe input sensitivity."

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong - lol...

Skillkoil
October 4th, 2018, 05:23
Go into Discord / User Settings / Voice and Video and select the correct input settings for your microphone.

Dax Doomslayer
October 4th, 2018, 15:17
Hi Skillkoil,
Thanks for the reply. Actually, once I unmuted my microphone I was able to change the Input Device. However, I'm still not able to change the Output Device from "Default Device". There's a message underneath the Output Device that states:

"Output Devices cannot be changed while using the browser. Download the desktop application to get full control over output devices."

Do you have any thoughts on this? I'm assuming that the 'desktop' version is the regular version of Discord and I'm thinking that making changes there (according to Rob2E's video one needs to change the browser for the 3rd instance to Cable A) will mess up the other settings. Thanks for your help!!