PDA

View Full Version : <HR> Tag - Horizontal Rule?

romelwell
October 3rd, 2018, 02:36
Is it possible to embed a horizontal rule element <hr> in the text?

damned
October 3rd, 2018, 02:39

it is not.

romelwell
October 3rd, 2018, 02:42
it is not.

Ok, Thanks. Can I ask your opinion then? The source material has a thematic change in the text...a sidebar on the page. Is there a standard or best practices for incorporating these when converting to a FG module?

damned
October 3rd, 2018, 02:50
If you are doing a reference manual then you can use referenceblocks.
You can also embed an image of a HR inline to give the same appearance.
When doing it via Story try using the Author extension.

LordEntrails
October 3rd, 2018, 03:25
When I do them without a reference manual, I just do the sidebar as it's own story entry and then number and link it appropriately.

Trenloe
October 3rd, 2018, 05:44
A bunch of spaces, select and CTRL+U to underline. It won't ever fully resize to the edges if the user resizes the story entry to be very wide, but you should be able to get a good break effect with 30-40 spaces.

Can I ask your opinion then? The source material has a thematic change in the text...a sidebar on the page. Is there a standard or best practices for incorporating these when converting to a FG module?
If it's a medium to large sidebar, put it as a separate story entry and link as Lord Entrails mentions. If it's a small amount of text I put it at the foot of the story entry with a heading which mentions it's a sidebar - the format of that heading I select based off the other text.