PDA

View Full Version : Manual Dice Entry Behavior

Netzilla
October 2nd, 2018, 20:28
Currently, when I have the Manual Dice Entry option turned on, I have to enter the value of each individual die. This isn't so bad so long as it's only a handful of dice. However, if I find myself having to roll 6+ dice, it's a bit tedious. Is there an option to change this dialog to just take in the total of a manual roll rather than entering each individual die or will that require writing an extension to override the Manual Dice Entry dialog behavior?

Moon Wizard
October 2nd, 2018, 21:49
There is nothing like that planned. The total is actually the sum of the individual dice in FG; so each die would still need to be given a value so that the total is the desired number. It could probably be done with a custom extension mod, if someone wanted to code it.

Make sure to use the Return and Tab keys to more quickly enter numbers via the keyboard. That might help a bit.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
October 2nd, 2018, 22:14
Couldn't you just enter the die total in the modifier box and then roll a 1d1-1 to get the number result that you can then drag etc?

niknas
October 3rd, 2018, 22:30
We're often using FG for in-person gaming with real dice and we have the manual roll option turned on and when there's a manual roll done, DM or player just enters the dice total in one of the dice inputs and leave the rest empty. Looks a bit funny in the chat, but for all intents works out as it should.

Nylanfs
October 3rd, 2018, 23:59
I think they might be playing with a dicepool system like WoD or SR.

niknas
October 4th, 2018, 00:53
Ah, OK. ��

spiegdon
June 17th, 2020, 02:35
Pretty old thread, but for what it is worth - you can enter the total of your actual dice roll in a single slot. So even if you roll 6d6 and turn up 17, you can just enter that in the last d6 slot and hit the checkmark.