PDA

View Full Version : 14 years later: I'm back! Apparently!

Phnord Prephect
October 2nd, 2018, 07:27
Hey folks!

Just had some exciting events... I found out I have a Fantasy Grounds account from 2004!

Watching one of the many videos online, I thought "That looks familiar..."

Dug into my ancient archive hard drive, and found my access code!

Messaged the mods here and 15 minutes later, had a welcome from "David" and an invitation.

Took me minutes to download the system and log in.

This is after 5 years at "The Other Place" (Not sure the status of such discussions here!) and TERRIBLE customer 'service'.

Anyway, I'm not sure of my subscription status.

It's asking me to upgrade to either "Fantasy Grounds" sub or an "Ultimate" sub.

I thought I had one or both of those already.

Is my code really not worth anything? How do I tell?

Looks like a great place anyway...

-Phnord Prephect, The Color Animal Inn

damned
October 2nd, 2018, 07:39
hello Phnord Prephect

providing you remain civil and dont flog too many dead horses you can talk about other platforms and can make (preferably constructive) criticisms too...
you will need to go into settings and enter your license key
if your key was for a lite license then you may still get prompts for a Standard or Ultimate license
after you enter your key - enter your forum username and password and then update

Phnord Prephect
October 2nd, 2018, 07:58
hello Phnord Prephect

providing you remain civil and dont flog too many dead horses you can talk about other platforms and can make (preferably constructive) criticisms too...
you will need to go into settings and enter your license key
if your key was for a lite license then you may still get prompts for a Standard or Ultimate license
after you enter your key - enter your forum username and password and then update

Ok, thanks.
It looks like I have a small credit, which combines nicely with the current sale.
I don't see any use for Fantasy Grounds without an Ultimate subscription.
AND apparently I'll need the Pathfinder subscription as well.

Hmm.

Thanks for the warm welcome, but this will require more thought, and $150 I don't have.

-Phnord

damned
October 2nd, 2018, 08:07
you can only spend your money once so spend it wisely...

you dont need Ultimate - there are many GMs using Standard - their players will also require a Standard license in that case.
you dont need to buy the Pathfinder modules - there is a wealth of PRD/SRD material here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16074-List-of-Modules

Trenloe
October 2nd, 2018, 09:03
I don't see any use for Fantasy Grounds without an Ultimate subscription.
AND apparently I'll need the Pathfinder subscription as well.
Welcome back!

Just a couple of pointers - there are subscription options only for the base licenses - Standard or Ultimate. You can buy these outright too. Both of these come with a lot of OGL content for D&D 3.5E and 5E, and Pathfinder, and the ruleset framework for these and some other RPG systems - see the comparison table on the home page for details.

There is official Paizo DLC material too (core rulebook, bestiaries, APs, etc.) from the store - that you can buy with a one off purchase. There is no subscription for these, or any other, DLC items. If you've already purchased the PDF from Paizo, you can sync your Paizo account and get the cost of the PDF off your FG/Paizo purchases - or, if you don't already have the PDF, you'll get it with your FG DLC purchase. This is just for Paizo products.

As damned mentions - there is a lot of OGL material for Pathfinder on the forums - look at the community module stick thread at the top of the 3.5E/Pathfinder sub-forum. You can do a lot with only the license...